Senior Epidemiology Research Analyst Remote
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Optum Epidemiology is at the forefront of epidemiologic methodology and practice, designing and conducting research to generate evidence about medical products and population health. Driven by research objectives, Optum scientists utilize unparalleled data assets to develop real-world understanding of the safety and efficacy of drugs, devices, biologics and health care delivery.
Optum Epidemiology has wide-ranging experience developing evidence from observational data sources, including insurance claims, electronic and paper medical records, patient and provider surveys, and death registries. Researchers are adept at creating novel linkages that transcend traditional data limitations and enable a broad view of patient care and health.
As an Epidemiology Research Analyst, you will use your SAS® programming skills, knowledge of healthcare claims/clinical data and ability to understand research methods/data analysis to support pharmacoepidemiology research studies. You will work with big data - healthcare claims, clinical (EHR), and ancillary data - extracting data and writing code to identify and describe study cohorts and perform analyses to generate results for reports and manuscripts. You will be capable of working independently while communicating effectively within multiple project teams in a matrix environment. You will assess study timelines/analytic plans, working closely with epidemiologists to ensure results are accurate and on-time. You will support the group in different ways; for example, developing standard code, validating code for other analysts, providing technical expertise, and training and/or mentoring other staff.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Executes (or oversees execution of) the analytic plan for research studies. Assesses feasibility of analytic plan and timeline associated with analytic plan
- Creates/modifies programs/files (typically SAS) to carry out the analytic plan
- Validates programs/processes (typically SAS) to ensure accuracy and consistency with project needs
- Provides analytic advice to project team members; investigates issues with the data and reports findings
- Serves as lead analyst on large studies that require more than one analyst to complete the work
- Documents steps taken and proofs/crosschecks results
- Assists in the preparation of analytic results and study methodology in the form of client reports, journal manuscripts, and abstracts/posters for professional meetings
- Assesses time needed to accomplish tasks; shifts priorities/projects as needed
- May assist in the preparation of bids for new work, including completing (or overseeing the completion of) feasibility studies
- Serves as technical resource to other analysts. Presents new programs/techniques to other analysts
- Assists with interviewing, onboarding, training, or other activities that support the analyst team
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- MS or MPH in Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Medical Sociology, or equivalent education
- 5+ years professional experience in a pharmaceutical/biotech, healthcare, or research setting
- 5+ years experience with SAS (Advanced programming skills) or other analytic software/tools as needed
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.