Primary Care Physician - Altamonte Springs, FL
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Primary Care Physician acts under the direction and supervision of a Center, Associate, or Corporate Medical Director. The physician provides direct patient care in accordance with Company practice policies, relevant state and federal regulations, and within the limits of their experience, training and privileges.
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate commitment to superior customer service, including quality and care and concern with each and every internal and external customer
- Represents the Company in a professional manner, following all Company policies and procedures
- Uses, protects, and discloses patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards
- Recommends, orders, and evaluates diagnostic studies and therapeutic interventions
- Conducts comprehensive or episodic health assessments of patients with acute or chronic health problems in order to establish medical diagnoses
- Monitors medical, radiographic, laboratory and any other diagnostic parameters associated with patient care
- Monitors therapeutic procedures, assess and manage/modify follow-up plans
- Prescribes and regulates medications in accordance with Florida Statutes
- Records and documents health appraisal data necessary to maintain and coordinate health care needs and maintain a medical record
- Consults and refers to other health care providers as indicated by individual patient needs
- Conducts patient assessments including triage; educates patients on preventive health care (to include family/next of kin) and acute care follow-up as needed
- Diagnoses and treats emergency conditions in accordance with BCLS guidelines as indicated
- Performs other duties as required
- MD/DO degree from accredited medical school and residency in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine
- Current and Unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State of Florida
- Current and Unrestricted DEA certificate
- Board eligible or board certified. If eligible, able to achieve and maintain certification within 2 years of joining the company
- Working knowledge of basic primary care principles, theory and practice and ability to stay current with recent developments
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Managed care experience
- Knowledge of Allscripts
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the Spanish language
If the hired individual resides in Florida this position requires the AHCA Level II background check (fingerprinting) by the State of Florida for all clinicians that have direct face to face contact with members OR employees who will have access to confidential patient data and will require renewal every five years.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Optum and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.