Medical Assistant Primary Care
$1,000 Sign-on bonus!
Opportunities with American Health Network, Part of Optum. When you join American Health Network (AHN), you become part of a team that strives to identify and retain the top healthcare professionals in the markets it serves. At American Health Network, we want to be the best health care organization we can be. Our mission is to improve the health of our patients. We’re a physician-led organization, operating over 70 medical offices in Indiana and Ohio, with over 300 providers and 1200 employees. We’re also an OptumCare partner, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, and backed by the resources of a global health care organization working to help people live healthier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone. That’s an important differentiator as more people need our help simplifying the complexities of the American health care system. At the same time, the culture of AHN supports work-life flexibility for providers and places a high value on their physical, emotional, financial and other aspects of well-being.
It is time to take your career to the next level. In this Medical Assistant role, you will learn from healthcare experts as you work side by side to provide care for patients in a clinic setting. At OptumCare, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of business, you will build meaningful relationships with patients, their family members, health care providers and office staff while providing high quality direct patient care.
Location: American Health Network, a Part of Optum: 10649 Bennett Parkway, Zionsville, IN 46077
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm. No weekends, evenings or holidays.
Specialty: Primary Care
- Prepare examination rooms and sterilize medical equipment & instruments.
- Room patients, obtain health history and check vital signs.
- Document patient care using electronic medical record software.
- Administer medications and perform injections/immunizations.
- Assist providers with minor, in-office procedures and perform point-of-care testing.
- Assist in running providers when coverage is needed.
- Schedule appointments, complete prior authorizations, process medication refills, handle referrals and answer patient calls as needed.
- Assist in the lab and running outpatient nurse schedule as needed.
- Answer patient messages and refill patient medications.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or completion of an equivalent adult education program
- Medical Assistant diploma, technical certificate or certification OR 1+ years of experience performing the critical skills of a medical assistant after on-the-job training OR Current enrollment in an accredited medical assistant training program OR Active EMT certification accredited
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Previous experience working as a Medical Assistant or EMT
- Active medical assistant certification (CMA, CCMA, NCMA or RMA)
- Experience with electronic medical record software
- CPR certification
- Experience performing medical back office tasks including obtaining vital signs, injections/immunizations, phlebotomy, urinalysis and administering medications.
- Experience performing medical front office tasks including scheduling appointments, prior authorizations, medication refills and referrals.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients, and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs, and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.