Float Primary Care Physician Manatee County
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The full-time Float Primary Care Physician provides coverage throughout clinics in Pinellas County. Advantages of being a Float Physician include:
- Working at different clinics brings variety to daily work. Especially suited for those who feel going to same clinic every day becomes monotonous.
- Higher proportion of acute care patients than continuity patients. Especially suited for clinicians who like urgent care medicine.
- All effort is made to schedule at clinics closer to home.
- Reduced patient volume to account for unfamiliarity with patients.
- Adjustment of start/end times (start late, end early) for longer commutes.
- No weekends/holidays. No after-hour calls.
- Greater flexibility for PTO’s – schedule is decided approximately one month in advance.
- Great learning opportunity due to exposure to different clinics and clinicians.
- Great way to explore the area and different practices before deciding about long-term plan.
- Knowledge of strengths/weaknesses of different centers provides a good platform to work on clinical initiatives
- Opportunity to network across a wide area of the organization is useful for rising up the management chain.
- Opportunity to move internally into a permanent clinic location.
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate commitment to superior customer service, including quality and care and concern with each and every internal and external customer
- Represents the Company in a professional manner, following all Company policies and procedures
- Uses, protects, and discloses patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards
- Recommends, orders, and evaluates diagnostic studies and therapeutic interventions
- Conducts comprehensive or episodic health assessments of patients with acute or chronic health problems in order to establish medical diagnoses
- Monitors medical, radiographic, laboratory and any other diagnostic parameters associated with patient care
- Monitors therapeutic procedures, assess and manage/modify follow-up plans
- Prescribes and regulates medications in accordance with Florida Statutes
- Records and documents health appraisal data necessary to maintain and coordinate health care needs and maintain a medical record
- Consults and refers to other health care providers as indicated by individual patient needs
- Conducts patient assessments including triage; educates patients on preventive health care (to include family/next of kin) and acute care follow-up as needed
- Diagnoses and treats emergency conditions in accordance with BCLS guidelines as indicated
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- MD/DO degree from an accredited medical school and completed residency in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine
- Current and Unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State of Florida
- Current and Unrestricted DEA certificate
- Board eligible or board certified. If eligible, able to achieve and maintain certification within 2 years of joining
- Working knowledge of basic primary care principles, theory and practice and ability to stay current with recent developments
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Managed care experience
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the Spanish language
- Knowledge of Allscripts
If the hired individual resides in Florida this position requires the AHCA Level II background check (fingerprinting) by the State of Florida for all clinicians that have direct face to face contact with members OR employees who will have access to confidential patient data and will require renewal every five years.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Optum and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.