Onsite Physician, Primary Care- New York, NY - Relocation Available
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
At Optum, the mission is clear: Help people live healthier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone.
LHI is one of four businesses under OptumServe. OptumServe provides health care services and proven expertise to help federal government agencies modernize the U.S. health system and improve the health and well-being of Americans. By joining OptumServe you are part of the family of companies that makes UnitedHealth Group a leader across most major segments in the U.S. health care system.
LHI was founded in 1999 and acquired by Optum in 2011, LHI specialized in creating and managing health care programs through on-location services, patient specific in clinic appointments, telehealth assessments, or any combination based on customer need. LHI’s customizable solutions serve the diverse needs of commercial customers, as well as federal and state agencies, including the U.S. Departments of Defense, Veterans Affairs, and Health and Human Services.
As a Physician, Primary Care, you will assist in the care for a very diverse population of members of the World Trade Center (WTC) Health Program. This is a multifaceted role that is highly rewarding as your work is helping people live healthier lives. The Physician, Primary Care will be responsible for conducting the medical monitoring assessments, physical examinations, and providing WTC-related treatment to members and clinical oversight of the William Street Clinic located at 156 William Street in New York City.
- As a Primary Care Physician, you will provide full scope primary care services
- Examine, diagnose, and treat patients for acute and chronic conditions
- Counsel and educate patients and families about acute and chronic conditions and concerns
- Completed timely and thorough documentation using our EMR system
- Formulate diagnostic and treatment plans
- Prescribe and administer medications, therapies, and procedures
- Order lab and imaging tests to determine and manage an immediate treatment plan and provide advice on follow up
- Coordination of care with specialists and appropriate ancillary services
- Completes all documentation and paperwork in a timely manner
- Maintain clinical practice guidelines
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team of heath care providers and ancillary staff
- Gather complex clinical information, coverage policy and criteria information and work within regulatory guidelines to assist with coverage determinations
- Perform all duties and functions in compliance with state and federal laws and regulations
- Demonstrate ability to maintain productive working relationships with team members, other internal and external customers, and management team
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- MD or DO with active and unrestricted New York Medical License
- Board certified in either Family medicine, Internal medicine or Occupational medicine
- Successful completion of residency at an accredited institution
- Active DEA or ability to obtain prior to employment
- Computer and typing proficiency are required, including MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Willingness to work onsite at the William Street Clinic Monday to Friday - 156 William Street New York, NY
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 2+ years of clinical experience
- Experience in Coverage Determinations (prior authorization)
- Experience using online clinical references and accessing professional (clinical and regulatory) internet sites
- Experience working with onscreen document images
- Managed Care background
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.