Optum New Mexico - Family Medicine Physician
Optum New Mexico is seeking an Family Medicine Physician to join our team in beautiful Albuquerque, NM. At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing Physician-led care locally.
- Practice Primary Care to the full scope of your license!
- Clinic hours are Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
- Minimal call time
- Patient rooms, office space and Medical Assistants will be ready for you on day one
What makes an Optum organization different?
- Practice at the peak of their license
- We recognize that if you want to provide good care and do it well, you can’t do it alone - this is the foundation of the team-based care model
- The culture is one of clinical innovation and transformation
- We are a top performer of the Quadruple Aim initiative in New Mexico
- We are influencing change on a national scale while still maintaining the culture and community or our local organizations
Compensation & Benefits Highlights
- Med/Den/Vis, STD, LTD, United Health stock options
- Continuing Medical Education allowance with time off
- Robust Relocation program
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Excellent PTO package
- Generous retirement program including employer funded contributions (401K)
Optum New Mexico
We are happy to call Albuquerque, New Mexico home. With the tail of the Rockies at our doorstep, we have world-class hiking, biking and skiing at our fingertips. Coupled with amazing scenery, a diverse culture, remarkable food and a world-renowned art scene, it’s no wonder we’re the “Secret of the Southwest!”
- Current MD/DO medical license in the state of New Mexico or ability to attain
- Board Certified in Family Medicine or in the process of obtaining certification
- New Mexico Pharmacy/DEA Registration if applicable to practice
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Fluency in EMR systems & technology
- Experience in providing patient care under a Global Risk/Medicare Advantage Model
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
The Optum Story:
At Optum, we’ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving over 17 million people through more than 45,000 aligned physicians and 9,000 advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more about our journey at www.workatoptum.com.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Family Medicine Physician, Up to $150k Signing Bonus, Albuquerque, NM, New Mexico