Medical Assistant - Primary Care - Greenway Pkwy - Scottsdale, AZ
$4,000 Sign On Bonus For External Candidates!
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
At Optum, we share what might be seen as a surprisingly simple goal: making the health system work better for everyone. We look for people who relentlessly push themselves to go farther. For these high performers, a position on a team at Optum, a business of UnitedHealth Group, is a natural fit.
The Medical Assistant’s responsibility is to assist in the delivery of primary health care and patient care management.
HOURS: MONDAY - FRIDAY 7:45am-5:00pm
NO WEEKENDS, CLOSED ALL MAJOR HOLIDAYS***
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED AT OUR 4C Scottsdale (Shea/96th) at 9590 E Ironwood Square Dr #125, SCOTTSDALE, AZ
- Performs clinical and administrative medical assistant duties including but not limited to; greet patients, prepare charts (EHR), prepare patients and exam rooms, take histories and vital signs, give injections, provide basic wound care, perform EKG's, triage patients and advise patients of test results and care plans
- Assist with phone calls and messages; document all calls and actions taken
- Provide education about health preservation, disease prevention and disease self - management
- Participate in preventative care reminder programs
- Compliance requirements such as laboratory QC management, waive testing, maintenance of crash cart and medication count as well as other requirements dictated by clinic needs
- Assist coworkers with duties when requested
- Assist patient in procurement of medical supplies
- Use of technology to assist with all aspects of patient care; electronic health record documentation, disease registry, documentation prompts and standing order protocols
- Maintain clinical supplies and equipment
- Attend required meetings and participate in a constructive manner as a team player
- Participate in periodic in - services to enhance and increase clinical skills
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Completion of a Medical Assistant program or relevant experience or experience in the military as a Medical Assistant/EMT
- BLS certification required or must be able to complete certification within 30 days of hire
- Excellent customer service experience
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 1+ years of experience in an ambulatory care setting
- Electronic Medical Records (EMR) experience
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.