Medical Assistant (RMA) - Primary Care at Barnes West
Additional Information About the Role
BJC HealthCare is seeking a Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) – Full-Time for our Barnes West Medical Office in ST. Louis, MO.
- Sign On BONUS Eligible!!!!
- Monday – Friday (7:45 – 17:00) & Wednesday (7:45 – 1:00)
- Obtaining vitals, refilling prescriptions, performing office procedures and tests, vaccine administration, form completion, & phone triage and test result call backs.
- Registered or certified Medical Assistant (RMA) experience
- 2 years’ experience (preferred)
- Epic experience
Why Join Us?
- Work with a highly skilled, compassionate, supportive, and caring team
- Growth Opportunities to Learn New Skills and Advance (cross-train)
BJC Medical Group is the multi-specialty physician organization of BJC HealthCare and includes over 600 doctors and advanced practice providers who are affiliated with the top-ranked hospitals in the area.
Since 1994, BJC Medical Group has provided access to the world’s best medicine through caring people and integrated systems. The providers are nationally recognized for excellent patient satisfaction and quality health care.
BJC Medical Group physicians are trained and certified in over 25 medical specialties and serve patients in more than 125 locations in the greater St. Louis, mid-Missouri and southern Illinois areas.
Barnes West Primary Care specializes in Family Medicine and is located on the campus of Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital.
The Medical Assistant (MA) provides medical assistance under the direction of a physician or other licensed provider. This position performs select duties for the promotion of health in the care of patients and delivers care according to practice protocols and procedures.
ResponsibilitiesCleans, prepares and stocks supplies in exam rooms.Obtains vital signs, patient history and maintains accurate and prompt charting in the patient's record.Performs clinical skills, such as phlebotomy, electrocardiography (EKGs), point-of-care testing and injections.Triage calls, provide test and lab results to patients and present relevant information to provider with correct medical terminology.
EducationHigh School Diploma or GED
Supervisor ExperienceNo Experience
Licenses & CertificationsCert/Reg in Area of Expertise