Primary Care Physician, Internal or Family BC/BE, Geriatric Focus - Albuquerque, New Mexico
Optum New Mexico is seeking a BC/BE Internal or Family Medicine Physician for our Albuquerque, NM primary care clinic on Rio Rancho Blvd.
We believe the Primary Care Physician is the foundation of every highly functioning and affordable healthcare delivery team. This position will be focused on Adult and Geriatric Care. We are open to IM or FM physicians that are passionate about providing high-quality care and building deep relationships with their patients. Our care model tracks results and gives our doctors incentives to deliver better care.
Our approach to care uses the primary care provider’s office as the center of a patient’s care. Our providers work as a team, coordinating with specialists, nutritionists, social workers, behavioral health professionals, pharmacist clinicians, and many others. The full care team includes nurses, medical assistants, and ancillary staff that work with you to ensure you are able to practice at “Peak Of License”.
To learn more about Optum’s Value-Based Care Model: Click Here
Optum New Mexico is a physician-led, multi-specialty medical group with 12 locations throughout Albuquerque and Rio Rancho offering comprehensive health care services composed of 30 medical and surgical specialties – and we are growing!
Optum is a family of more than 60,000 doctors and 1,450 neighborhood clinics across the country. We work together to help over 19 million people live healthier lives — in-person or virtually. Our goal as an organization is to transform healthcare nationally, while providing Physician-led care locally. Our distinctive culture and set of capabilities enable independent physicians to succeed in value-based models of care and fulfill the Quadruple Aim of high-quality, high-value services, and outstanding patient and provider experience. To learn more about our growing presence: Click Here
- Optum is the largest employer of providers.
- $5.1B invested annually in technology and innovation.
- 99% of Optum Care’s MA patients will be in 4-star plans or better by 2023.
- Optum serves approximately 9 out of 10 U.S. hospitals and 9 out of 10 Fortune 100 employers.
- Optum is the technology-focused and care-delivery arm of UnitedHealth Group.
- UHG is ranked 5th of the Fortune 500.
- The largest healthcare company in the world according to Forbes.
- Seventh largest company by revenue in the world.
- See how we are improving our communities.
Optum HouseCalls in-home assessments are now available in all 50 states. Learn how implementing a holistic approach can help improve health outcomes and quality measures for Medicare Advantage members: Click Here
The Optum Care Partnership Program for Physicians is designed to reward, recognize, and develop physicians and provides multiple tracks for career development. Partners and Distinguished Partners are invited to attend a once-a-year Partnership Forum hosted by Optum and focused on creating engagement for providers across the country. Whether you want to be the next clinical leader at Optum or a stronger clinician, this program will support your career desires.
- EMR – Allscripts
- Dragon is available if requested
- Practice Manager on-site
- Dedicated support, so clinicians can focus on practicing at “Peak of License”.
- Each clinician has a dedicated MA
- Possibility of 4-day work week; depending upon location.
- 35 Patient Contact Hours
- 2000 Average Patient Panel per Physician
- Procedures are welcome but not required
- Weekday Call: Average once a month/starting at 8pm
- Weekend Call: Average 1 to 2 weekends every 6 months
- Average/Goal of 18 - 22 patients per day
- The culture is one of clinical innovation and transformation.
- We are influencing change on a national scale while still maintaining the culture and community or our local organizations.
- We are a top performer of the Quadruple Aim initiative: Improving patient satisfaction, lowering costs, delivering quality outcomes, and increasing provider satisfaction.
As an employer of choice, we offer a full comprehensive range of benefits and attractive compensation package:
- Competitive sign-on bonus
- Med/Den/Vis, STD, LTD, 401k with match
- Professional liability at no cost to clinician
- PTO accrual model with the ability to borrow future PTO
- CME Reimbursement & Time Off
- Stock Purchase Option/Executive Savings Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Adoption Assistance
- Bright Horizons Back-Up Care™: In-home back-up child and adult/elder care
- Bright Horizons College Coach™: Tuition Payment Planning & More
- Stride Well-being Programs to help with health and lifestyle goals
- Physician Partnership Program
- As a Primary Care Physician, you will provide full scope primary care services to adult and senior patients. We do not see Pediatric patients at this location.
- Examine diagnose and treat patients for acute injuries, infections, and illnesses
- Counsel and educate patients and families about acute and chronic conditions or concerns
- Complete timely and thorough documentation using our EMR system
- Formulate diagnostic and treatment plans
- Prescribe and administer medications, therapies, and procedures
- Order lab and imaging tests to determine and manage an immediate treatment plan and provide advice on follow up
- Responsible for the coordination of care with specialists and appropriate ancillary services
- Maintain quality of care standards as defined by the practice
- Supervise Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner as needed
- M.D. or D.O.
- Must have completed an accredited residency
- Must be board certified or board eligible for medical residents
- Active New Mexico Medical License or ability to obtain prior to employment
- New Mexico Pharmacy/DEA Registration if applicable to practice
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work without direct supervision and practice autonomously
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state, and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Fluency in EMR systems & technology
- Experience in providing patient care under a Global Risk/Medicare Advantage Model
The Pathways Program is intended to enhance the experience of your final months of residency and eliminate the burden of job searching, while helping you develop an added skill set to maximize success of transitioning into practice from residency. Reach out to us to learn more: email@example.com
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So, when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Optum New Mexico
We are happy to call Albuquerque, New Mexico home! With the tail of the Rockies at our doorstep, we have world-class hiking, biking, and skiing at our fingertips. Coupled with amazing scenery, a diverse culture, remarkable food, and a world-renowned art scene, it’s no wonder we’re the “Secret of the Southwest!”
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.