Primary Care Physician to Join Large Practice in O'Fallon, MO - On the Hospital Campus
Additional Information About the Role
BJC Medical Group in partnership with Progress West Hospital seeks a board certified/board eligible Internal Medicine or Family Medicine Physician to join our team at our well-established clinic in O'Fallon, Missouri.
- Opportunity to be Busy from the start in this Outpatient Only setting
- Convieniently located on the Progress West Hospital camus on the first floor of the Medical Office Building
- Joining 7 physicians and 5 advanced practice providers
- Lite telephone only call rotation shared on weekends
- Nurse Triage takes first call
- Providers take their own call during the weekdays
- Ability to see pediatrics to geriatrics or an adult only patient population
- Typical week is a four and half day work week
- 36 patient contact hours per week with 4 hours of administrative time
- The clinic is open Monday - Friday
- Office hours range from 7:30 am - 4:30 pm, depending on the day
- Team based care model working closely with APP's to best care for our patients
- Strong support staff and each provider has a dedicated Medical Assistant
- Mentorship available from a great variety of physicians in their careers
- Easy access to specialists on the hospital campus
- EMR - EPIC
- Both practicing physicians and new graduates encouraged to apply
- Visa candidates cannot be considered
Compensation & Benefit Highlights:
- Competitive two-year guarantee the move to an wRVU based compensation model with Strong Earning Potential
- Residency stipend available to earn income while finishing training
- $100,000 Student loan reimbursement
- Sign-on bonus
- Annual quality incentive bonus
- Opportunity for retention bonus
- 4 weeks allowed paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Paid Malpractice Insurance with tail provided
- CME allowance and time off
- Pension plan
- Retirement vehicles 401k, 403b, 457b deferred compensation plan
Located only minutes west of St. Louis County, O'Fallon is the seventh-largest city in Missouri and largest in St. Charles County, with a growing population of approximately 76,000 residents. While rich in history, O’Fallon offers the latest in housing, business, retail and leisure. St. Charles County is known for its historic architecture, specialty stores and antiques, lovely parks and various sports and recreation complexes. At night, enjoy its restaurants, the cinema, performances at local dinner theaters, a riverfront stroll or gambling in the riverboat casino. Schools, neighborhoods, churches—the building blocks for the solid foundation people call quality of life: you'll find them all here in O'Fallon, Missouri.
O'Fallon, Missouri is a large suburb of St. Louis City. Only 45 minutes away from downtown St. Louis, O'Fallon has a tight-knit community feel, but hosts a population of more than 86,000.O'Fallon is home to some of the best public schools in the area/Midwest and has a reputation for being one of the more affluent areas in the Greater St. Louis Region. O'Fallon hosts a great real estate market with its proximity to the Historic Downtown Saint Charles and the easily accessible major city of St. Louis!
Other attractions in the area include the historic St. Charles Riverfront, Missouri Wine Country, Katy Trail, Daniel Boone Home and countless acres of public parks. Within easy reach are the three St. Louis professional sports teams (baseball Cardinals, football Rams and hockey Blues), the Gateway Arch, and world-famous St. Louis Zoo, outdoor Muny Opera and St. Louis Symphony! Come see why this is such a popular area to call home!
About BJC Medical Group: We are a physician-led medical group of more than 700 providers based in St. Louis, MO. We serve our region through our 13 community hospitals and service organizations, and along with our partners at the Washington University School of Medicine, we offer our patients access to some of the finest sub-specialty care in the world, while maintaining our community focus. BJC Medical Group reaches our communities through more than 130 clinic locations, providing a full spectrum of care ranging from Family Medicine to advanced cardiac services. We hope you will consider joining us. “The World's Best Medicine Begins with You."
BJC Medical Group is the multi-specialty physician organization of BJC HealthCare and includes over 600 doctors and advanced practice providers who are affiliated with the top-ranked hospitals in the area.
Since 1994, BJC Medical Group has provided access to the world’s best medicine through caring people and integrated systems. The providers are nationally recognized for excellent patient satisfaction and quality health care.
BJC Medical Group physicians are trained and certified in over 25 medical specialties and serve patients in more than 125 locations in the greater St. Louis, mid-Missouri and southern Illinois areas.
Internal Medicine Associates practice is located on the campus of Progress West Healthcare Center in O'Fallon, MO.
Ensures optimal care and promotes safety of patients admitted to assigned service in cooperation with the private attending staff and nursing staff. Communicates with staff, patients, and families.
ResponsibilitiesManages the medical care of assigned patients.Collaborates with patients, families, and members of the health care team to ensure excellent clinical outcomes.Performs and documents histories and physicals in the patient's medical record as required by hospital by-laws.Supervises and instructs medical students and residents assigned to service. Assists in the learning needs of residents and students as assessed.
EducationDoctorate - Medicine
Supervisor ExperienceNo Experience
Licenses & CertificationsLicensed Physician
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to http://www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer