Physician Pathways Program - Family Medicine - American Health Network
Put your training into practice with the Physician Pathways Program at Optum. At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing physician-led care locally. Work with the largest care delivery organization in the world and start doing your life’s best work. (sm)
As a part of the Optum network, American Health Network is seeking career-minded Family Medicine or Internal Medicine residents who want to jump start their clinical career.
- Receive a generous guaranteed salary in your final year of training.
- Enhance the experience of your final months of training and eliminate the burden of job searching; employment is guaranteed at the completion of your residency.
- Learn how to practice and thrive in a value-based care model.
- Gain exposure to the Quadruple Aim framework and various understandings of care settings.
- Receive mentorship from experienced physicians within your future practice, easing your transition from training into practice.
- The customized program will be completed at American Health Network facilities in Indiana, or Ohio, and virtually.
- The program requires a commitment of only a few hours per month.
What makes Optum different?
- Providers are supported to practice at the peak for their license.
- As one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the country, Optum consistently delivers clinical outcomes that meet or exceed national standards.
- We promote a culture of clinical innovation and transformation.
- We are a top performer nationally of the Quadruple Aim initiative.
- We are influencing change on a national scale while still maintaining the culture and community or our local organizations.
- M.D. or D.O.
- Must be transitioning into your final year of residency or fellowship or early into their final year.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Preferred candidate will be a local physician resident in Indiana or Ohio.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
About American Health Network:
At American Health Network, transforming the delivery of health care across our region is our passion. Founded in 1994, we are an established multi-specialty, physician-led, integrated healthcare delivery system with 300 providers that care for over 325,000 patients throughout our 70 locations. As part of Optum, we’ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving over 14 million people through more than 38,000 aligned physicians and 9,000 advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more about our journey at www.workatoptum.com.
At Optum, we’ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving almost 130 million people through more than 78,000 aligned physicians and advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more at http://www.workatoptum.com/provider.
Would you thrive with Optum?
- Do you strive to practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality care, not volume?
- Are you a team player – comfortable delegating and empowering teams?
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.