Medical Office Secretary - Primary Care Office
BJC HealthCare MedGroup is seeking a Full-Time Medical Office Secretary at our Missouri Baptist Medical Center Primary Care – Outpatient Office.
- Shift Hours: 8am-4:30pm (Mon-Fri)
- Registration, verifying demographics, insurance verification, work queues, managing patient letters, & daily
- Previous back office medical experience handling insurance, prior authorizations, etc.
If you have experience in one of the below areas, you could be a great fit:
- Medical Receptionist
- Health care Administrative Assistant
BJC Medical Group is the multi-specialty physician-led organization of BJC HealthCare and includes over 600 doctors and advanced practice providers who are affiliated with top-ranked hospitals in the Midwest region.
Since 1994, BJC Medical Group has provided access to extraordinary care in over 145 locations and over 25 specialties in the greater St. Louis, mid-Missouri and southern Illinois areas. Our providers are nationally recognized for excellent patient satisfaction, quality health care, and improving the health and well-being of the communities we serve.
The Medical Office Secretary performs front office duties in support of physicians in a medical office setting.
ResponsibilitiesMakes office visit appointments, hospital appointments for test and admissions and obtains appropriate referrals, forms and other pertinent information.Educates patients on procedures for hospital tests and admissions.Dispatches finished medical records to appropriate parties as directed.Maintains records of incoming and completes transcriptions.Takes incoming calls and determines the appropriate care service to administer to patients; manages physician schedules.
EducationHigh School Diploma or GED
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer