Outpatient Primary Care Physician - Optum- Brooksville, FL
Optum Florida is seeking an internal medicine or family medicine physician to Float full-time, providing coverage at Optum clinics in/around Pinellas & Pasco counties, FL. At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing Physician-led care locally. Work with the largest care delivery organization in the world and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
- Advantages of being a Float Physician include:
- Working at different clinics brings variety to daily work. Especially suited for those who feel going to same clinic every day becomes monotonous.
- Higher proportion of acute care patients than continuity patients. Especially suited for clinicians who like urgent care medicine.
- All effort is made to schedule at clinics closer to home and hours adjusted for longer commutes
- Reduced patient volume to account for unfamiliarity with patients.
- No weekends/holidays. No after-hour calls. Mileage reimbursement
- Great learning opportunity due to exposure to different clinics and clinicians which provides a good platform to work on clinical initiatives (workflow improvements, patient satisfaction, Electronic Health Records etc)
- Great way to explore the area and different practices before deciding about long-term plan and move internally into a permanent clinic location
- Opportunity to network across a wide area of the organization is useful for rising up the management chain.
What makes Optum organization different?
- Optum is a health care organization focused on Quality/Value Based Outcomes
- Our care model limits daily volume to allow our providers the time needed to provide quality care to their patients
- We offer clinical and leadership growth and stability second to none
- Providers are supported to practice at the peak of their license
- We are influencing change on a national scale while maintaining the culture and community of our local care organizations
- Guaranteed Base Salary plus Quarterly Bonuses
- Optum Physician Partnership Plan
- 20 days of PTO, 5 days of CME, and clinics are closed for 8 national holidays
- 401k with match, Executive Savings Plan, and UHG Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Comprehensive Benefits from Optum Partner Services
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.), Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.), or M.B.B.S
- Board certification or eligibility in Family or Internal Medicine
- Active, unrestricted medical license in Florida or the ability to obtain prior to employment
- Valid DEA license or the ability to obtain prior to employment
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) fluency
- A working understanding and support of a managed care environment
If the hired individual resides in Florida (office based or telecommuting) this position requires the AHCA Level II background check (fingerprinting) by the State of Florida for all clinicians that have direct face to face contact with members OR employees who will have access to confidential patient data and will require renewal every five years.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.