Physician Business Associate - Orlando, FL with 25% Local Travel
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Physician Business Associate with WellMed is responsible for developing, maintaining, and servicing a high quality, marketable, and satisfied provider network within an assigned geographic area. Key responsibilities include recruitment and contracting, education, and servicing of assigned providers. The Physician Business Associate helps assigned providers operate successfully within our healthcare delivery model by providing strategic planning and tools to meet goals. This position is expected to build and sustain strong working relationships with cross functional departments, vendors, local sales, and assigned providers. The Physician Business Associate is accountable for overall performance and profitability for their assigned groups, as well as ownership and oversight to provide redirection as appropriate.
- Educate providers to ensure that they have the tools they need to meet quality, risk adjustment, growth (as appropriate), and total medical cost goals per business development plans
- Ensure providers have in-depth understanding of WellMed Model of Care to include, but not limited to, contractual obligations, program incentives, and patient care best practices
- Conduct detailed analysis of various reports by tracking and trending data to develop a strategic plan to ensure performance goals are achieved
- Ensure the overall strategic plan incorporates interventions with internal departments or subject matter experts, external vendors, and others, as needed
- Participate in creation and execution of a local network development plan to assure network adequacy as needed
- Work at the direction of your assigned leader to recruit/contract providers, ensuring network adequacy
- Conduct new provider orientations and ongoing education to providers and their staffs on healthcare delivery products, health plan partnerships, processes, and compensation arrangements
- Maintain open communication with providers to include solutions for resolution and closure on health plan issues related to credentialing, claims, eligibility, disease management, utilization management, quality, and risk adjustment programs
- Conduct provider meetings to share and discuss economic data, troubleshoot for issue resolution, and implement an escalation process for discrepancies
- Collaborate with provider groups to develop, execute, and monitor performance and patient outcomes improvement plans
- Collaborate with Medical Director to monitor utilization trends and profit pools and share results with assigned PCPs
- Handle or ensure appropriate scheduling, agenda, materials, location, meals, and minutes of provider meetings as needed
- Collaborate with contracting team to ensure provider data is correct and provider directories include any needed updates
- Complete Practitioner Data Forms and Provider Change Forms as needed
- Represent WellMed/UHG by holding company sponsored provider events (summits, learning sessions)
- Provide information and participate in management meetings as requested
- Regularly meet with cross functional team to create, revise, and adjust strategy for assigned provider groups to meet overall performance goals
- Provide support to maintain and develop ongoing value related to the WellMed Value Proposition
- Introduce and advocate company resources to facilitate practice optimization
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1+ years of healthcare experience in an office, clinical, provider relations, or payer setting
- Experience interfacing both internally and externally with a wide range of people including physicians, office staff, hospital executives, and other health plan staff
- Demonstrated experience with making presentations to both small and large groups
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Suite (including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Ability to work evenings and weekends on occasion based on business needs
- Ability to work onsite in an office environment
- Ability to travel up to 25% as needed for business
- Associate degree or higher
- 2+ years of provider relations or managed care experience
- Understanding of medical care financing and delivery systems, provider contracting, reimbursement arrangements, and network management
- Established knowledge of local provider community
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Smartsheet
- Proven excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with effective follow through
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.