Gastroenterolgist Need with an Established GI Platform located 1 Hour from St. Louis, MO - Visa Sponsorship Available
Additional Information About the Role
Missouri Baptist Sullivan Hospital located in Sullivan, MO, just one hour from St. Louis is seeking a board-certified/board-eligible Gastroenterologist to join their established platform. The mission of the hospital since 1962 has been to improve the lives of the people in the communities we serve. MBSH is committed to delivering the highest quality care for its patients in a comfortable environment, that's close to home.
- Join a multi-specialty clinic with a large group of physicians and advanced practice providers
- Large referral base with multiple primary care providers in the region
- Clinic located on the hospital campus
- Established GI platform in place with extensive patient panel
- Be busy from the start with high earning potential
- Develop your ideal practice setting
- Excellent, on-campus, specialty referrals
- Tenured CRNA support
- HD scopes available onsite
- High HPSA Score
- Epic EMR
Compensation & Benefits:
- 2-year guarantee then wRVU productivity model
- Up to $100,000 student loan assistance
- Sign-on bonus
- Quality and efficiency bonus
- CME Allowance
- Relocation package
- Fellowship stipend option
- Claims made malpractice insurance with tail coverage provided
Sullivan, Missouri offers access to the business, cultural and recreational amenities of a major metropolitan area balanced with all of the benefits of small-town living. Sullivan’s strategic location (just 68 miles from downtown St. Louis) allows you to enjoy a wide variety of outdoor recreational activities including hiking, fishing, canoeing, camping and biking without sacrificing the amenities of a city.
- Easy access to Interstate Highway 44 – “America’s Main Street”
- No city personal property tax and property tax rates below those of metro areas
- Multiple dining and retail options – both chains and local fare
- Access to Farmer’s Market and Community Garden
- Annual Meramec Community Fair and Sullivan Regional Airport Fly-in
- Surrounded by state parks, conservation areas, rivers, historic sites, and natural areas
- Home to Meramec River, Meramec State Park and Meramec Caverns
- City Lake with paved walking trail and Saddle Club Arena
- Public school options as well as private Catholic school options
- Higher Education (multiple locally and within an hour drive) – East Central College, Missouri Baptist U, CMU
Close Proximity to St. Louis:
St. Louis offers a host of attractions and activities that include the nationally recognized St. Louis Zoo, Forest Park, The Muny, Anheuser-Busch Brewery, Busch Stadium, Scottrade Center, Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre, The City Museum, St. Louis Art Museum, Peabody Opera house, Fox Theatre, Chaifetz Arena, The Hill, Union Station, and more!
- Fantastic sports culture with both the 2019 Stanley Cup winning Blues and the multi-year World Series winning Cardinals
- Features ample fine-dining, vegan friendly restaurants, gluten free friendly eateries, wineries, and microbreweries
- Low cost-of-living with a healthy and balanced real estate market in a major metropolitan area
- Access to great public and private schools
- Family-friendly communities: safe, inviting, and great for kids
- Direct access to Lambert International Airport via public transportation
Missouri Baptist Sullivan Hospital is a designated critical access hospital committed to providing quality health care service to residents in Crawford, Franklin and Washington counties.
The hospital has enhanced and expanded the health care services available to the greater Sullivan community with its state-of-the-art emergency department, modern childbirth center, critical care unit, multiroom surgical suite, expanded cardiac rehab services, and a cancer center. A 22,500 square-foot medical office building provides offices for primary care physicians as well as space for a variety of visiting medical and surgical specialists from the St. Louis area.
Missouri Baptist Sullivan Hospital operates four rural health clinics providing quality health care to surrounding communities. In addition, the hospital operates a comprehensive Therapy and Rehabilitation department and an award-winning Wound Care Center with two hyperbaric chambers.
The Sullivan medical clinic is a well-established, multi-discipline physician group providing family, internal and OB care.
Ensures optimal care and promotes safety of patients admitted to assigned service in cooperation with the private attending staff and nursing staff. Communicates with staff, patients, and families.
ResponsibilitiesManages the medical care of assigned patients.Collaborates with patients, families, and members of the health care team to ensure excellent clinical outcomes.Performs and documents histories and physicals in the patient's medical record as required by hospital by-laws.Supervises and instructs medical students and residents assigned to service. Assists in the learning needs of residents and students as assessed.
EducationDoctorate - Medicine
Supervisor ExperienceNo Experience
Licenses & CertificationsLicensed Physician
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to http://www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer