Senior Consultant, Operations Transformation Practice - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Consultant, Operations Transformation Practice is a key player within the Optum Advisory Service – Health Management & Operations Practice, under the Payer Pillar, serving health care payer clients. The role requires a consultant with proven healthcare consulting and operations exposure to include experience in supporting solution delivery with clients.
Success in this role requires prior healthcare management consulting experience with a focus in operational optimization as well as business domain experience within Payer Operations in one or more of the following payer value chain functions:
- product design,
- benefits design and administration,
- enrollment and eligibility,
- claims and billing,
- appeals and grievances,
- compliance and regulatory,
- member/consumer and provider experience,
- member/consumer and provider services, (i.e.., call services, omnichannel)
- operational financial management, or,
- operational performance management and business reporting and analytics
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute** from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
**Location of residence within the US is flexible; however, ability to travel to meet client needs is a requirement. Travel is generally less than 70% on average but may involve Monday through Thursday travel for short periods to satisfy specific client project requirements.
Client Engagement Delivery
- Direct responsibility to support the delivery of client engagements, which may include program or project analyses, or operations support engagements
- Complete analysis to support the development of business strategies, plans and cost benefit analyses
- Support client implementations of products, solutions and/or services
- Ensure high quality delivery of all assigned deliverables and tasks
- Create written and oral communication artifacts that effectively summarize findings, support fact-based recommendations and provide appropriate detail to substantiate conclusions
- Engage/participate in presentations and meetings with all levels of the organization
Market Planning and Thought Leadership:
- Participate in and support client sales processes and cycles
- Complete analyses and research to assist in formulating solutions to address fluctuating market conditions
- Participate in and/or conduct research studies, develop white papers and complete industry research for market and sales planning. May include collecting and analyzing data and supporting the development and presentations of recommendations to management (Optum Advisory Services or client)
- Effectively build and maintain relationships with clients and co-workers
- Participate in NPS and other client satisfaction efforts
- Demonstrate and work with urgency to exceed client and/or customer expectations
- Ensure utilization rate is attained annually
- Ensure practice development goals and targets are attained annually
- Assist to drive practice success and deliver high value-add outcomes, with and without direct authority through demonstrating matrixed leadership
The consulting environment is challenging and fast-paced, requiring the following core competencies:
- Self-Motivated/Ambitious – Highly self-motivated and ambitious to ensure all engagements are successful
- Critical Thinking / Problem Solving – Dig into challenging situations, synthesizing information to provide guidance and recommendations to clients
- Adaptability – Flex in response to changes and maintain focus
- Creativity and Persuasiveness – Uncover and respond to business needs, define solutions, and educate constituents; be known by others as a trusted advisor
- Personal Accountability – Model strength during challenges and take personal responsibility for actions and consequences
- Executive Presence – Articulate and package communications in a clear and crisp manner for all levels of the organization with the ability to adapt approach and style to any audience
- Organization – Apply best practices for planning, executing and controlling work to maximize outcomes and value
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree in business or healthcare-related field
- 5+ years relevant health care experience (health care insurance, health care operations or health care management consulting)
- 3+ years of healthcare management consulting experience, within a Healthcare Insurance/Payer Business Operations environment
- 2+ years of demonstrated healthcare payer business operations optimization experience, to include one or more of the following: operational process improvement, health care benchmarking, Six Sigma, LEAN, and/or operating model optimization experience
- Demonstrated ability to work in complex, highly matrixed fast-paced environments
- Proven interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Demonstrated, solid communication (verbal, written) and presentation skills
- Proven experience in data analysis and financial analysis
- Proven analytical problem-solving skills (identification of issue, causes, solution, implementation plan)
- Program and operational coordination and management skills - solid tracking, presentation and reporting skills
- Experience writing and developing client facing materials in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio and Project
- Ability to travel up to 70%; travel is generally less than 70% on average but may involve Monday through Thursday travel for short periods to satisfy specific client project requirements
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Master's Degree in business related field
- 2+ years demonstrated project and/or team leadership experience with customer or client facing accountabilities
- Demonstrated experience with proven operational and/or process improvement methodologies (Six Sigma, LEAN, TQM, Agile, etc.)
- Proven solid ability to influence and motivate cross functional teams
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary/hourly range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary/hourly range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.