Practice Performance Specialist
Field Based Position in Tallahassee, FL
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
If you reside in Tallahassee, Florida; you’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute as you take on some tough challenges.
- Assist in the review of medical records to highlight Star opportunities for the medical staff
- Activities include data collection, data entry, quality monitoring, upload of images, and chart collection activities
- Locate medical screening results/documentation to ensure quality measures are followed in the closure of gaps. Will not conduct any evaluation or interpretation of Clinical data
- Track appointments and document information completely and accurately in all currently supported systems in a timely manner
- Optimize customer satisfaction, positively impact the closing of gaps in care and productivity
- Partner with your leadership team, the practice administrative or clinical staff to determine the best strategies to support the practice and our members ensuring that recommended preventative health screenings are completed and HEDIS gaps in care are addressed
- Interaction with UHC members via telephone to assist and support an appropriate level of care. This may include making outbound calls to members and/or providers to assist in scheduling appointments, closing gaps in care or chart collection activities
- Answer inbound calls from members and/or providers regarding appointments
- Communicate scheduling challenges or trends that may negatively impact quality outcomes
- Demonstrate sensitivity to issues and show proactive behavior in addressing customer needs
- Provide ongoing support and education to team members and assist in removing barriers in care
- Manage time effectively to ensure productivity goals are met
- Ability to work independently in virtual setting. Ability to problem solve, use best professional judgment and apply critical thinking techniques to resolve issues as they arise
- Identify and seek out opportunities within one’s own work flow to improve call efficiency
- Adhere to corporate requirements related to industry regulations/responsibilities
- Maintain confidentiality and adhere to HIPAA requirements
- Data analysis required for multiple system platforms to identify open quality opportunities to address on a member or provider level
- Appointment coordination for specialist appointments, late to refill medication outreach and scheduling members for local market clinic events
- Participate within department campaigns to improve overall quality improvements within measure star ratings or contracts
- Field based activities require the abilities to support appropriate targeted providers
- Other duties, as assigned
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together - competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED or 2+ years of telephonic customer service experience
- 1+ years of a healthcare background with medical terminology familiarity of clinical issues
- 1+ years of working experience with ICD- 10 and CPT Codes
- 1+ years of working experience with Microsoft Office Applications
- 1+ years of working experience with and knowledge of HIPAA compliance requirements
- Strong data entry skills, with a typing speed of at least 45-50 WPM
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Experience working in a physician, provider, and/or medical office
- Medical Assistant
- Active Pharmacy Tech License
- EMR and HEDIS knowledge and experience
- Demonstrated ability to identify with a consumer in order to understand and align with their needs and realities
- Demonstrated ability to perform effective active listening skills to empathize with the customer in order to develop a trust and respect
- Demonstrated ability to take responsibility and internally driven to accomplish goals and recognize what needs to be done in order to achieve a goal(s).
- Demonstrated ability to turn situations around and go above and beyond to meet the needs of the customer
- Good Attendance Record
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients, and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work. (sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.