Part-Time Internal Med Advanced Practice Clinician - PA or APRN | ProHealth Physicians, part of Optum
ProHealth Physicians, part of Optum is seeking a Part-Time Primary Care Internal Medicine Advanced Practice Clinician [PA or APRN] to join our team in Hamden, Connecticut. At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing physician-led care locally. Work with the largest care delivery organization in the world and start doing your life’s best work.SM
- Physician-led, Patient-centered, Team-based Primary Care environment
- No Evenings or Weekends
- No Mandatory Call
- Onboarding and Mentorship program
- Moderate scheduling templates
- Part-Time (~ 20 hours per week) with Flexibility
Compensation & Benefits Highlights
- Competitive Compensation with Income Guarantee and Bonus incentives
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- Robust Retirement Package (including employer funded contributions)
- Dedicated CME time and allowance as well as PTO
- Loan Repayment and additional incentives for eligible providers
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Life, Vision, STD/LTD, FSA/HSA, Discounts, and more
What makes an Optum organization different?
- Providers are supported to practice at the peak of their license
- We are a physician-led provider group practicing in a value-oriented model
- We are influencing change on a national scale while still maintaining the culture and community of our local care organizations
- Driving towards the Quadruple Aim with a focus on quality and innovation
About ProHealth Physicians
ProHealth Physicians, a part of Optum, is Connecticut’s leading health care delivery organization. ProHealth is focused on reinventing health care to help keep people healthier and feeling their best. Our family of primary care providers and specialists care for more than 360,000 people statewide. We are privileged to be trusted by our patients with their health and well-being. Our premier group currently employs 250 Physicians and 150 APCs in the specialties of family medicine, internal medicine, pediatrics, otolaryngology, facial plastics, gastroenterology, endocrinology, and sleep medicine.
- Master's degree in Nursing or an accredited Physician Assistant program
- Current, unrestricted Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant licensure in CT or ability to obtain
- Certified as a Family Nurse Practitioner through the ANCC/AANP or certified as a Physician Assistant through the NCCPA
- Unrestricted DEA license (or willing to obtain prior to start)
- Clean Background and Medical Liability record
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
At Optum, we’ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving almost 20 million people through more than 58,000 aligned physicians and advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more at http://www.workatoptum.com/provider.
Would you thrive with Optum?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality care, not volume?
- Are you a team player – comfortable delegating and empowering teams?
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
The salary range for Connecticut residents is $85,000.00 to $167,300.00. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.