Associate Practice Performance Manager - Field-Based Western KY
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
The Associate Practice Performance Manager is responsible for program implementation and provider performance management which is tracked by designated provider metrics, inclusive minimally of 4 STAR gap closure and coding accuracy. The person in this role is expected to work directly with care providers to build relationships, ensure effective education and reporting, proactively identify performance improvement opportunities through analysis and discussion with subject matter experts; and influence provider behavior to achieve needed results. The person will review charts (paper and electronic - EMR), look for gaps in care, perform telephonic assessments for preventative screenings and/or HEDIS gaps in care, help coordinate doctor appointments, make follow-up calls to members after appointments, and assist our members in overall wellness and prevention.
NOTE: Qualified candidates must live in the Bowling Green / Paducah KY Regional Area to be eligible for consideration
If you are located in Bowling Green / Paducah KY Regional Area, you will have the flexibility to work remotely* as you take on some tough challenges. Must live in the western KY region to perform daily travel requirements.
- Functioning independently, travel across assigned territory to meet with providers to discuss Optum tools and programs focused on improving the quality of care for Medicare Advantage Members
- Execute applicable provider incentive programs for health plan
- Assist in the review of medical records to highlight Star opportunities for the medical staff
- Activities include data collection, data entry, quality monitoring, upload of images, and chart collection activities
- Locate medical screening results/documentation to ensure quality measures are followed in the closure of gaps
- Establish positive, long-term, consultative relationships with physicians, medical groups
- Develop comprehensive, provider-specific plans to increase their HEDIS performance and improve their outcomes
- Provide ongoing strategic recommendations, training and coaching to provider groups on program implementation and barrier resolution
- Act as lead to pull necessary internal resources together in order to provide appropriate, effective provider education, coaching and consultation. Training will include Stars measures (HEDIS/CAHPS/HOS/med adherence), and Optum program administration, use of plan tools, reports and systems
- Coordinate and lead Stars-specific monthly meetings with provider groups with regular frequency to drive continual process improvement and achieve goals
- Provide reporting to health plan leadership on progress of overall performance, gap closure, and use of virtual administrative resource
- Facilitate/lead monthly or quarterly meetings, as required by plan leader, including report and material preparation
- Provide suggestions and feedback to Optum and health plan
- Work collaboratively with health plan market leads to make providers aware of Plan-sponsored initiatives designed to assist and empower members in closing gaps
- Other duties, as assigned
Includes up to 75% local travel
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of healthcare industry experience
- 1+ years of experience working for a health plan and/or for a provider's office
- Microsoft Office experience
- Able to provide proof of a valid, unrestricted Driver’s License and current Auto Insurance
- Able to travel approximately 75% of the time in the assigned regional area as business needs dictate (must live in the Bowling Green / Paducah KY Regional Area to perform the travel requirements of this role)
- Reside in the Bowling Green / Paducah KY Regional Area to be eligible for consideration
- Pharmacy Technician
- LPN or Medical Assistant
- 1+ years of STARs experience
- Account Management and/or Sales Experience
- Consulting experience
- Experience in managed care working with network and provider relations/contracting
- Knowledge base of clinical standards of care, preventive health, and Stars measures
- Solid knowledge of the Medicare market
- Medical/clinical background
- Solid knowledge of electronic medical record systems
- Solid financial analytical background within Medicare Advantage plans (Risk Adjustment/STARS Calculation models)
- Microsoft Office specialist with exceptional analytical and data representation expertise; Advanced Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint skills required
- Solid communication and presentation skills
- Solid relationship building skills with clinical and non-clinical personnel
- Solid problem-solving skills
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.