Practice Transformation Advisor - Hybrid
This is a Hybrid Role in the Chappaqua, NY Area
Optum in the tri-state region (formerly CareMount Medical, ProHEALTH New York and Riverside Medical Group) offers an interconnected network that enables us to work collaboratively to better coordinate care among our doctors and care teams. Together, we offer you and your family access to more than 2,100 providers, representing 70 specialties, working in 360 medical practices and more than 55 urgent care locations across New York, New Jersey, and Southern Connecticut. For more information, visit www.optum.com/tri.
ProHealth is one of the largest private multi-specialty medical practices in the Northeast and has been serving the health needs of Long Island and the Greater New York Metropolitan area since 1997. With over 900 providers in 300 locations, our goal is to provide quality health care to ensure that our patients get the right care at the right time.
At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing physician-led care locally. Work with the largest care delivery organization in the world and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
CareMount Medical is a multi-specialty medical group that provides the highest quality medical care in 40 different locations throughout Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, Columbia and Ulster counties. Founded in 1946, CareMount Medical has grown to over 500 physicians and health experts representing 40 different medical specialties with major campuses throughout Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, Columbia and Ulster counties. The Group is an independent clinical affiliate of the internationally recognized Massachusetts General Hospital. CareMount Medical has on-site laboratory and radiology services, as well as endoscopy suites and infusion suites, rendering comprehensive care in one convenient location. Our commitment to quality is demonstrated by the four basic principles of CareMount Medical are to have the highest quality; physicians, diagnostic technology, state-of-the-art information technology, superior patient satisfaction and service.
The group has always maintained a firm commitment to each of our patients...to provide high quality medical and surgical care in a warm, friendly setting, and in a caring manner. Each and every member of our professional and support staff is dedicated to this ideal - physicians, nurses, technicians and support personnel.
The Practice Transformation Advisor position is responsible for designing, defining and cultivating operational change with multi-disciplinary / multi-department solutions that are focused on improving operational performance through the creation of a foundational structure rooted in high reliability processes across the Group. This role will work with business leaders to identify existing opportunities / challenges and create innovative designs that will transform their approach to achieve high quality operational outcomes and enhanced patient experience. All initiatives must be strategically and tactically aligned with other Clinical, Financial and Operational goals of the organization.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work both in the office and from home in a hybrid model as you take on some tough challenges
- Core Responsibilties
- Maintain a high-level understanding of Health Care business process and drivers
- In consultation with Business leaders create an understanding and vision of required change
- Develop a solution approach predicated on the likelihood to change, value of solution, disruption and long term value including achievable timeframes
- Design and develop workflow automation that will improve operational efficiency, enhance the patient experience, add value to the strategic direction of CareMount
- Work effectively with all organizational levels while proactively strengthening relationships. Understands and relates business needs in appropriate terms for team members, being a champion for the proposed changes
- Works proactively with other teams and customers to identify needs, developing appropriate business solutions and services where necessary
- Encourages teamwork through cooperative interaction with co-workers
- Change Management
- Work with Business Owners and other supporting teams to build a culture of change and innovation that will support new initiatives
- Analyze and determine challenges that would impede solution adoption
- Create plans and approaches to increase the likelihood of 100% operational adoption
- Foster engagement of the team to create appropriate ownership and buy-in of new initiatives
- Provide guidance to team members regarding standards, methodologies, processes, and procedures
- Project Management
- Develop and communicate project goals and deliverables
- Oversee assigned projects - ensuring that project activities are achieving Milestones
- Coordinate the activities/tasks of all project team members
- Identify, document and assist in remediation to all project related issues and risks
- Communicate the status of each project. Ensuring key stakeholders are aware of timeline, scope and open risks/issues
- Managing conflict between individual project groups
- Organize, schedule and proctor project related meetings
- Analytic and Presentation Expertise
- Through the use of data pre and post initiative; build an understanding of key performance indicators (KPIs) that will drive interest, understanding and adoption and measurement of improvement
- Be able to create vision and story around the opportunity. This can be done by leveraging presentation techniques, awareness and understanding of audience and delivery expertise that help all parties appreciate the objective
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- BA/BS in Business, Nursing, Healthcare Admin or similar field, or equivalent experience
- Experience in the areas of Consulting, Process Improvement, Business Analysis, and Management
- Experience in the Healthcare industry
- Experience with presentations and leading a conversation to achieve a consensus
- Experience managing time effectively, setting priorities and scheduling activities
- Experience working with change management
- Experience working with KPI’s and using data to drive performance and decisions
- Experience building relationships with stakeholders and serving as a trusted advisor
- Master’s Degree
- Proven exceptional written and oral communications skills
- Proven excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Demonstrated self-motivated and a self-starter able to work with minimal supervision
CareMount Medical, ProHEALTH Care Associates, and Riverside Medical Group (the “Practices”) are all physician owned and led practices having complete authority for all medical decision-making and patient care through their physicians and other licensed professionals. Optum, through its management organizations (“Optum”) provides non-clinical administrative services to support the Practices and their physicians. Neither Optum nor its management companies employ, engages, or supervises physicians or other licensed professionals, or determines or sets the methods, standards, or conduct of the practice of medicine or health care provided by the Practices or by any of their licensed professionals. “Part of Optum” reflects that the Practices are part of Optum’s effort to support forward-thinking physician practices in helping their patients live healthier lives.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. CareMount is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
New York Residents Only: The salary range for New York residents is $85,000 to $167,300. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.