Practice Support - Patient Facing
We have opportunities for Practice Support - Patient Facing in multiple Service Lines to join our teams at Optum Tri-State. We have needs in Putnam, Dutchess, Westchester Counties as well as in New York City Metro!
Pediatrics, Adult Primary Care, Women’s Health, Cardiology, Procedural Specialty, Joint Care, Urgent Care,
Procedure Suites, Cancer Care
Opportunities with Optum in the Tri-State region (formerly CareMount Medical, ProHEALTH New York and Riverside Medical Group). Come make a difference in the lives of people who turn to us for care at one of our hundreds of locations across New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. Work with state-of-the-art technology and brilliant co-workers who share your passion for helping people feel their best. Join a dynamic health care organization and discover the meaning behind Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
CareMount Medical. P.C. is the largest independent multispecialty medical group in New York State, providing medical care of the highest quality to over 500,000 patients in 40 different locations throughout Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, Columbia, and Ulster counties. Founded in 1946, CareMount Medical has grown to over 500 physicians and expert health partners representing 40 different medical specialties, with major campuses in Mount Kisco, Carmel, Fishkill, Jefferson Valley, Katonah, Kingston, Poughkeepsie, and Rhinebeck. CareMount Medical is affiliated with world-class organizations including the Massachusetts General Hospital and Mount Sinai Health System as well as Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. CareMount Medical offers on-site laboratory and radiology services, endoscopy suites, and infusion suites, as well as seven urgent-care centers, rendering comprehensive care in convenient locations. CareMount Medical physicians are frequently recognized as best doctors in respected publications; dozens have been featured in lists including Westchester Magazine’s “Top Doctors”; Best Doctors; and Castle Connolly Medical’s America’s Top Doctors®. Visit www.caremountmedical.com for more information.
The group has always maintained a firm commitment to each of our patients...to provide high quality medical and surgical care in a warm, friendly setting, and in a caring manner. Each and every member of our professional and support staff is dedicated to this ideal - physicians, nurses, technicians and support personnel.
Position Overview: Greets, instructs, directs and schedules patients and visitors, collects co-pays. Serves as a liaison between patient and Physical Therapy Manager
- Location: 90 AND 110 SOUTH B, MOUNT KISCO, NY
- Hours: M - F (8:00a - 5:00p)
- Greets patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner
- Verifies insurance information, address and phone number of the patient, registers new patients
- Arrives patients on the computer for scheduled appointment
- Collects and posts co-pays; Batches out at the end of the work day
- Schedules patients for future appointments
- Assists therapists with paperwork needed for pre-certification of therapy visits
- Answers telephone, takes messages for therapists
- Confirms new patient appointments for the next day
- Performs clerical duties such as copying, faxing and filing
- Performs related work as required
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school graduate
- 2+ years of customer service experience
- High proficiency of computer skills
- 1+ years of medical office experience
- EMR/EHR knowledge
Typical Physical Demands:
- Work may require sitting for long periods of time, also stooping, bending and stretching for files and supplies
- Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, use a telephone, copier, fax and other office equipment
- Front desk can very busy at times; person must be able to multi-task
Typical working conditions:
- Work is performed in reception area
- Involves frequent contact with patients both in person and on the phone
New York Residents Only: The hourly range for New York residents is $16.00 to $27.31 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.