Office Manager II Community Practice
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Office Manager II Community Practice is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day functions and administrative business operations of more than one community practice facility. Accountable for clinical and non-clinical staff, customer service and promotion of patient care continuity for patients. Works collaboratively and ensures the delivery of service in a culturally sensitive manner while filling in clerically when needed. Responsibility for practice operations, including employee scheduling and development, Information Systems, physician scheduling, maintenance of medical records and files, and quality management are significant aspects of the work. This position is also responsible for office billing and collections, purchasing supplies, and managing expenses. The Office Manager evaluates clinical and non-clinical support staff performance on an ongoing basis and provides timely performance counseling/coaching when needed.
- Supervising, training and evaluating staff to ensure that the scheduling, patient registration/reception, clinical care, and patient check-out/discharge processes are completed in a professional manner. Review of office charges and patient information is verified, including pre-certification and referrals are obtained. Maintaining and ordering an inventory of supplies, approval of costs, operating budget review and balancing deposits. Supervising the doctors' master schedule for patient visits and outside appointments and running reports.
- High School graduate or equivalent - required
- Bachelors degree preferred
Related Work Experience:
- Minimum three (3) years experience in a medical service billing office environment.
- Experience in a Medical Group Practice
- Supervisory experience preferred
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.