Healthcare EDI Coordinator- Telecommute in Ontario, CA (111069446)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
If you are located in Ontario, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges. Will work onsite and there will be some telecommuting. Must be local candidate.
- Identify and resolve new or unusual EDI claims errors/issues as they arise, using established procedures
- Achieve applicable performance metrics (e.g., productivity, quality, TAT)
- Use appropriate documentation, reference materials and/or websites to ensure that EDI claims are processed accurately and efficiently
- Collaborate with operational partners to help complete claims processing workflows
- Generate and distribute reports as required
- Learn and use new systems/applications/resources as needed
- Comply with Applicable Laws, Regulations and Policies
- Ability to apply knowledge/skills to basic, repeated activities
- Knowledge of UB04 and CMS1500 claim form layouts
- Ability to carry out assignments with thoroughness, accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- Respond in a timely manner to customer requests and concerns
- Ability to make logical fact-based decisions
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 1+ years of experience in a related environment (i.e. office, administrative, clerical, customer service, etc.) using phones and computers as the primary job tools
- Moderate Proficiency with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- High school diploma or GED 1+ years of equivalent working experience
- Ability to understand multiple processing rules to ensure timely delivery for transactions
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.