Customer Service Representative Lead - Quezon City, NCR
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Training classes start soon - apply today!
Turn on the news on any night of the week and you're likely to hear about the changes that are sweeping through our health care system. It's dramatic. It's challenging. And addressing the challenges is being led by companies like UnitedHealth Group. Now, you can take advantage of some of the best training and tools in the world to help serve our members. You'll handle 50-70 calls per shift, always remembering to bring compassion and a sense of engagement to enhance the customer experience.
Positions in this function are responsible for providing expertise and customer service support to members, customers, and/or providers. Direct phone-based customer interaction to answer and resolve a wide variety of inquiries. *Employees in jobs labeled with ‘SCA’ must support a government Service Contract Act (SCA) agreement. Work does not usually require established procedures.
- Mentors others
- Acts as a resource for others
- Coordinates others' activities
- Ensure quality customer service for internal and external customers with focus on needs identification, problem solving and partnering with billing and eligibility specialists
- Monitor delegated customer service issues to ensure timely and accurate resolution
- Use appropriate communication techniques when responding to customers, particularly in stressful situations
- Inform and educate new customers regarding billing/invoicing set up and billing/payment procedures
- Place outgoing phone calls to complete follow-up on customer service requests as necessary
- Comply with the terms and conditions of the employment contract, company policies and procedures, and any and all directives (such as, but not limited to, transfer and/or re-assignment to different work locations, change in teams and/or work shifts, policies in regards to flexibility of work benefits and/or work environment, alternative work arrangements, and other decisions that may arise due to the changing business environment). The Company may adopt, vary or rescind these policies and directives in its absolute discretion and without any limitation (implied or otherwise) on its ability to do so
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You'll interact with customers continuously by phone and in writing. Within a high volume setting, you'll need to develop knowledge of our various products and multiple levels of benefits within each product in order to best assist our providers/customers.
- 3+ years of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problems OR 3+ years of experience in an office setting environment using the telephone and computer as the primary instruments to perform job duties
- Extensive work experience, possibly in multiple functions
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Ability to multi-task including ability to understand multiple products and multiple levels of benefits within each product
- Demonstrated ability in customer service problem resolution and relationship building
- Ability to work independently
- Preferably with Fiber or wired internet connection of 25 mbps in case of working from home. The following options are also available:
- Corporate internet subsidy for those within available and valid serviceable locations, subject to Company policy
- Onsite work for those who are amenable to drive or commute to our office locations
Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is a team of more than 260,000 people who are building career success through commitment, compassion and a desire to make a difference. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Optum is a drug-free workplace. © 2022 Optum Global Solutions (Philippines) Inc. All rights reserved.