Principal Service Designer-UHC 3.0-Remote
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
United Design (part of UnitedHealth Group and Optum) is on a mission to create a healthier world, one person at a time. We believe this begins with innovative design thinking and technology aimed at delivering experiences that will make healthcare simpler, equitable and more effective. And dare we say even enjoyable.
Enjoy this video with our Chief Design Officer, Dan Makoski … Compassion by Design
The United Design team at UnitedHealth Group works on member, provider, and guest experiences across several lines of businesses, applications, and digital portals. Come and join a team of 200+ motivated and fun loving UX designers, researcher, strategists, service designers, content strategists, accessibility specialists and front end engineers who are on a mission to improve healthcare experiences for everyone. The enterprise Design Group at UnitedHealth Group is inspired to recruit talent from diverse backgrounds for every level and discipline. We appreciate that we will better serve our membership when we grow a team that better represents everyone.
We are seeking a fiercely empathetic Service Designer to join our cross-functional design studio in an effort to reimagine how consumers access and receive their healthcare. In this role, you will work closely with design leadership, product & business stakeholders and the design team to develop and translate the product strategy into a compelling design vision.
Design with and for our members and consumers, learn from and improve our community of practice and have a direct impact on health outcomes at the biggest scale in the world.
If you are located in Lower 48 United States, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Developing and executing on a variety of research and design methods and frameworks-with both external and internal consumers and stakeholders-to identify points of abrasion, opportunities, and solutions for improvement and experimentation
- Translating complex ideas into understandable enterprise-level concepts that evolve and enhance the journey and product experience
- Highly influential in the creation, alignment, prioritization, and execution of the UX and journey roadmaps
- Supporting and contributing to the development of our success criteria within the journey and studio space
- Continually advocate for the customer through collaborative design activities to influence others and build consensus through activities including design research, service blueprinting, collaborative work session design and facilitation, and rapid prototyping to strategically define experiences across touch-points
- Ensuring that our consumers are provided with solutions that are flexible, reliable, trustworthy personal, simple, and clear
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 6+ years of experience in service design, user research, design strategy, human-centered design, or design thinking tools and methods
- 4+ years working with cross functional stakeholders including Technology, Product, Operations, Business, Analytics, Voice of the Customer, etc.
- 4+ years incorporating user feedback in the design process (user research, NPS, Voice of the customer)
- 4+ years of experience presenting and facilitating to stakeholders (up to executive level leadership)
- 3+ years of designing for omni and/or cross-channel experiences
- 3+ years working with design, research and collaboration tools such as Miro and Figma
- 2+ years of experience providing direction to other UX designers, researchers, and writers on a project
- Degree or certifications in Human Centered Design or other related area
- Work experience in healthcare
- Experience with Agile product development
- Experience establishing and implementing service design best practices within an organization or team
- Ability to provide portfolio of authored research artifacts for review
- Ability to establish, support or leverage data and analytics to inform analysis and key decision-making
- Proven track record of driving change in a large, complex matrixed environment even amid ambiguous circumstances
- Bias toward action and innovative big-picture thinking while improving processes and optimizing operations
- Immense passion for social impact, healthcare, collaboration and learning
- Exceptional time management, organizational, and prioritization skills
- Exemplary oral and written communication skills
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Total Compensation. As part of your total compensation package, which includes base, bonus opportunity, PTO and holiday pay, you will also receive these benefits at these rates, not to mention a remote work opportunity and healthy work/life balance.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.