Customer Service Representative - National Remote
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
If putting a smile on someone’s face puts one on yours, you belong on our team. Here at Optum and UnitedHealth Group, we’ve brought together teams of incredibly compassionate and absolutely positive people to help serve our members when they call us with questions regarding their health care coverage, eligibility or reimbursement. Your helpful personality combined with our support, training and development will ensure your success. This is no small opportunity. This is where you can bring your compassion for others while building a career.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday – Friday with rotating Saturdays. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 9:00am - 6:00pm CST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Answer 50-70 incoming phone calls per day from customers and identify the type of assistance the customer needs
- Ask appropriate questions and listen actively to identify specific questions or issues while documenting required information in computer systems
- Contact care providers (doctor’s offices) on behalf of the customer to assist with appointment scheduling or connections with internal specialists for assistance when needed
- Assist customers in navigating UnitedHealth Group websites while encouraging and reassuring them to become self-sufficient in using our tools
- Research complex issues across multiple databases and work with support resources to resolve customer issues and/or partner with others to resolve escalated issues
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You’ll be called on to research complex issues across multiple databases. It requires fluency in computer navigation and toggling while you confidently and compassionately engage in dialogue with the caller. Be assured that our training will provide you with knowledge of the various products, plans and levels of benefits available to members and you’ll soon find yourself creating positive experiences and earning the gratitude of callers on an hourly basis.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma / GED (or higher) OR equivalent work experience
- Ability to manage multiple browsers at one time: resources - Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state, and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- 1+ years of experience in a related environment (i.e., office, administrative, clerical, customer service, etc.) using phones and computers as the primary job tools
- Prior health care experience
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Proficient conflict management skills to resolve issues in a stressful situation
- Demonstrated ability to listen skillfully, collect relevant information, build rapport, and respond to customers in a compassionate manner
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Helping create positive customer experiences for our members can drive your sense of impact and purpose. Join us as we improve the lives of millions. Learn more about how you can start doing your life’s best work.SM
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So, when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $16.00 to $23.51. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $16.00 to $25.77. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: #RPO, #YELLOW