Customer Service Representative - National Remote
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Training classes start soon – apply today!
Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 5 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Turn on the news on any night of the week and you're likely to hear about the changes that are sweeping through our health care system. It's dramatic. It's positive. And it's being led by companies like UnitedHealthcare, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. Now, you can take advantage of some of the best training and tools in the world to help serve our members by interfacing and solving issues with their health care providers. As part of our Provider Services group, the quality of support you deliver will directly translate into better care for their patients This is no small opportunity. This is where you can bring your compassion for others while building your career.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Answer incoming phone calls from health care providers (i.e. physician offices, clinics) and identify the type of assistance the provider needs (EG. benefit and eligibility, billing and payments, authorizations for treatment, explanation of benefits)
- Focus on resolving issues on the first call, navigating through complex computer systems to identify the status of the issue and provide appropriate response to caller
- Deliver information and answer questions in a positive manner to facilitate strong relationships with providers and their staff
- Complete the documentation necessary to track provider issues and facilitate the reporting of overall trends
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You'll interact with providers with the intent to develop a relationship with them. Within a high volume setting, you'll need to develop knowledge of our various products and multiple levels of benefits within each product in order to best assist our providers/customers.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma / GED (or higher)
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- United States Citizenship
- Ability to obtain favorable adjudication following submission of Defense Health Agency eQuip Form SF86
- 1+ year of experience in a related environment (i.e. office, administrative, clerical, customer service, etc.) using phones and computers as the primary job tools
- Prior health care experience
- Demonstrated ability to listen skillfully, collect relevant information, build rapport and respond to customers in a compassionate manner
- Skilled in problem solving to quickly assess current state and formulate recommendations
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Please Note: In order to be considered for this position, you must be able to obtain an SF86 Position of Trust which is only available to U.S. Citizens. Our Facilities Security Officer will initiate this process post-offer acceptance. Failure to obtain this will result in termination from this role.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only:The salary range for Colorado residents is $16.00 - $23.51. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $16.00 - $25.77. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: #RPO, #YELLOW