Client Service Specialist - St. Petersburg, FL
If you are located in St. Petersburg, FL, you will have the flexibility to work from home and the office in this hybrid role* as you take on some tough challenges.
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Responsibilities of the Client Service Specialist include the creation, analyzing and updating of Excel spreadsheets and contracting licensed Sales Agents with the appropriate insurance carriers. This role acts as the liaison between the Sales Agents and the Sales Manager to ensure critical updates and all required communications are distributed to these partners. Additional responsibilities include scheduling meetings, answering telephones and processing expense reimbursements.
Duties include working closely with sales and other functional leaders to develop and maintain the operational infrastructure supporting sales and sales leadership.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (8:00am - 5:00pm). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 805 Executive Center Drive, St. Peterburg, FL 33702. Employees will be required to work some days onsite and some days from home
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Auditing contract loads / policy builds for adherence to quality measures and compliance standards
- Researching errors by comparing Account Management documentation against multiple internal systems
- Analytical and Researching techniques to trend or quantify projects
- Preparing, processing, and maintaining new group implementations and renewals
- Reconciling reports and group set up discrepancies, as well as analyzing transactional data and submitting retroactive eligibility changes
- Research and respond to all benefit and eligibility processing inquiries from Customer Service, Claims, and other internal departments
- Conduct implementation of assigned accounts, including, but not limited to: policy building and infrastructure set up, policy revisions, researching and resolving policy issues, database loading, and preparation of plan materials such as administrative documents and customer education material
- Overall employer contract loading using various databases and / or source documents.
- May research implementation issues and develop customer specific resolutions which may include auditing contract loads for adherence to quality measures and compliance standards
- Perform other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of experience working in the Health Care Industry in a customer service, verifying Provider benefits and assisting with claims issues
- 2+ years of experience reviewing Health Care Policies and Compliance and / or paying Claims
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel including data entry, sorting, creating and modifying documents and spreadsheets
- Ability to work an 8-hour shift Monday-Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher)
- 1+ years of Experience in an Analytical role
- 1+ years of experience with Medical Billing / Coding
- Reside within a commutable distance of St. Petersburg, FL
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Ability to learn internal technology tools/systems
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to navigate a complex organization to accomplish customer satisfaction
- Strong team player
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to be a self-starter
- Demonstrate ability to be collaborative with sales team and outside vendors
- Ability to prioritize and complete assigned tasks with limited direction and supervision
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Work with a Fortune 5 organization that’s serving millions of people as we transform health care with bold ideas. Bring your energy for driving change for the better. Help us improve health access and outcomes for everyone, as we work to advance health equity, connecting people with the care they need to feel their best. As an industry leader, our commitment to improving lives is second to none.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.