Operations Service Specialist - National Remote
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
The main purpose of the role is to support UHC Financial Protection National Accounts as the single point of contact for any administrative and service-related questions about the Financial Protection business (Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Waiver of Premium, Life, Critical Illness, Accident and Hospital Indemnity Protection, and FMLA). Support includes, but is not limited to claim processing, billing, understanding policy language and Evidence of Insurability (EOI). The individual in this position will also have direct contact with clients and brokers as needed to support Sales and Account Management personnel with client education, questions or issue resolution from new sales through renewal.
This position is full-time, Monday - Friday. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Uses pertinent data and facts to identify and solve a range of problems within area of expertise.
- Investigates non-standard requests and problems, with some assistance from others.
- Prioritizes and organizes own work to meet deadlines.
- Provides explanations and information to others on topics within area of expertise.
- Mentors, provides feedback, guides and serves as a resource to others.
- Ability to make difficult or unpopular decisions and to deliver difficult messages.
- Translates concepts into practice.
- Leads projects, department or cross departmental
- Typically supports larger, more complex premiere customer(s)
- Adhere to established service standards, volumes, and turnaround times
- Assess customer needs and requirements, especially non-standard requests, and problems, and respond or refer to appropriate resources
- Demonstrates ability in customer service issue resolution and relationship building
- Ability to take direction; respond to requests and feedback
- Solid understanding of organizational structure; ability to facilitate issues through appropriate channels, including how and when to involve management
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Experience with Financial Protection products or related field (i.e. short term disability, long term disability, life insurance, critical illness etc.)
- Experience utilizing multiple computer systems/applications.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel (create spreadsheets and Pivot Tables)
- Experience with PowerPoint (create presentations using graphics, audio and video)
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher)
- Experience working with National Accounts
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Solid communication skills, including the ability to listen objectively and articulate the facts of an issue verbally and in writing
- Strong organizational skills
- Solid conflict resolution skills
- Ability to anticipate questions and provide thoughtful and thorough responses in a timely manner
- Ability to take constructive feedback from managers and peers as needed to improve customer service skills
- Strong presentation skills, including and not limited to creating presentations and reporting out to clients, brokers and internal customer as needed
- Ability to make timely, confident decisions based on available data/facts
- Ability to multitask and shift priorities quickly, professionally and positively to accommodate urgent tasks and to reach team, business area, and corporate goals
- Appropriately apply policies and procedures to ensure successful compliance with internal and external guidelinesa
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near - obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, Military families and Veterans wherever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life’s best work.SM
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $21.68 - $38.56. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $23.94 - $42.40. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.