Customer Service Representative | BPO Experienced
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
Training classes start soon - apply today!
Turn on the news on any night of the week and you're likely to hear about the changes that are sweeping through our health care system. It's dramatic. It's positive. And it's being led by companies like UnitedHealthcare, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. Now, you can take advantage of some of the best training and tools in the world to help serve our members by interfacing and solving issues with their health care providers. As part of our Provider Services group, the quality of support you deliver will directly translate into better care for their patients This is no small opportunity. This is where you can bring your compassion for others while building your career.
Positions in this function are responsible for providing expertise and customer service support to members, customers, and/or providers. Direct phone-based customer interaction to answer and resolve a wide variety of inquiries. *Employees in jobs labeled with ‘SCA’ must support a government Service Contract Act (SCA) agreement. Some work is completed without established procedures. Basic tasks are completed without review by others. Supervision/guidance is required for higher level tasks.
- Answer incoming phone calls from health care providers (i.e. physician offices, clinics) and identify the type of assistance the provider needs (EG. benefit and eligibility, billing and payments, authorizations for treatment, explanation of benefits)
- Focus on resolving issues on the first call, navigating through complex computer systems to identify the status of the issue and provide appropriate response to caller
- Deliver information and answer questions in a positive manner to facilitate strong relationships with providers and their staff
- Complete the documentation necessary to track provider issues and facilitate the reporting of overall trends
- Comply with the terms and conditions of the employment contract, company policies and procedures, and any and all directives (such as, but not limited to, transfer and/or re-assignment to different work locations, change in teams and/or work shifts, policies in regards to flexibility of work benefits and/or work environment, alternative work arrangements, and other decisions that may arise due to the changing business environment). The Company may adopt, vary or rescind these policies and directives in its absolute discretion and without any limitation (implied or otherwise) on its ability to do so
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You'll interact with providers with the intent to develop a relationship with them. Within a high volume setting, you'll need to develop knowledge of our various products and multiple levels of benefits within each product in order to best assist our providers/customers.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent work experience
- Moderate work experience within own function
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Demonstrated ability to listen skillfully, collect relevant information, build rapport and respond to customers in a compassionate manner
- Skilled in problem solving to quickly assess current state and formulate recommendations
- 1+ years of experience in a related environment (i.e. office, administrative, clerical, customer service, etc.) using phones and computers as the primary job tools
- Prior health care experience
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Optum is a drug-free workplace. © 2023 Optum Global Solutions (Philippines) Inc. All rights reserved.