Customer Service Representative - Las Vegas, NV
$2,500 Sign On Bonus For External Candidates
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work.SMOptum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work.SM
Under general supervisor this position is responsible for responding to referrals requests generated via computer, fax or telephone. Answers all incoming calls via automatic call distribution and assists customers/patients with the durable medical equipment and supplies referral process. Makes outbound calls to obtain demographics and referral information, verifies insurance eligibility and benefits and obtains authorizations as needed.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday to Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 08:00am – 05:00pm. Our office is located at 6720 Placid Street Las Vegas, NV 89119.
- Handles incoming and outbound calls and facilitates a positive customer/patient experience
- Facilitates referral process by obtaining accurate demographics, verifies insurance coverage and schedules deliveries/shipments of medical equipment/supplies to the patient’s home or medical facility
- Contacts referral sources to verify and request documentation required to process orders
- Obtains prior authorization and secures copay as needed
- Routes referral and customer information to the appropriate venue and notifies referral source of disposition when unable to accept referral
- Drives resolution of caller questions/issues on the first call whenever possible and ensures proper documentation of calls and resolution actions
- Accurately document all patient and referral information in patient’s chart and computer system
- Provide education to the customer/patient and answer questions about durable medical equipment and medical supplies
- Resolves most questions and problems and refers only the most complex issues to higher levels
- Other duties and projects as assigned by management
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma / GED (or higher)
- Proficiency with computers including the ability to learn new & complex computer system applications
- 1+ years of working as call center representative
- Ability to understand multiple medical products and insurance plans
- Customer service experience in durable medical equipment, medical or healthcare industry
- Medical terminology, ICD coding and CPT coding
- Solid understanding of phone-based and face-to-face customer service work environments
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to organized and manage a variety of tasks, meet deadlines and ensure productivity
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies required all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
Nevada Residents Only: The hourly range for Nevada residents is $16.00 to $25.77. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.