Customer Service Advocate - Honolulu HI
If you are located within commutable distance to Honolulu, HI, you will have the flexibility to work from home and the office in this hybrid role* as you take on some tough challenges.
At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 10:00am - 7:30pm Hawaii Time. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
We offer 11 weeks of paid training. The hours during training will be be 3:00pm – 12:30am CST (times could change based on trainer availability) Monday-Friday. Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
Employees will have the opportunity to work remotely from their home and will be required to rotate into the office on average 1 week per month. Our office is located at 1132 Bishop Street Honolulu HI96813.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Handle call transfers for claims reconsiderations and member education
- Help guide and educate customers about the fundamentals and benefits of consumer-driven health care topics to select the best benefit plan options, maximize the value of their health plan benefits and choose a quality care provider
- Contact care providers (doctor’s offices) on behalf of the customer to assist with appointment scheduling or connections with internal specialists for assistance
- Assist customers in navigating UnitedHealth Group websites, encouraging and reassuring them to become self-sufficient in using our tools
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert or mentor to other team members
You've got loads of compassion, but you'll need more for this role. You'll be interacting with members who need your help to resolve an issue. They may be frustrated, and you'll have to manage the conversation with them positively while multi-tasking to get to resolution. And many people come into this role surprised by how truly fast-paced our environment really is. You'll leave every day impressed by how much you've accomplished.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) OR equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 4+ years of combined education, work and/or volunteer experience
- Ability to rotate into the office on average of 1 week per month
- Ability to work full-time, Monday - Friday between 10:00am – 7:30pm Hawaii Time including the flexibility to work occasional overtime given the business need
- Health Care/Insurance environment (familiarity with medical terminology, health plan documents, or benefit plan design)
- Social work, behavioral health, disease prevention, health promotion and behavior change (working with vulnerable populations)
- Reside within commutable distance to Honolulu, HI
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Work with a Fortune 5 organization that’s serving millions of people as we transform health care with bold ideas. Bring your energy for driving change for the better. Help us improve health access and outcomes for everyone, as we work to advance health equity, connecting people with the care they need to feel their best. As an industry leader, our commitment to improving lives is second to none.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.