Service Desk Specialist I
Opportunities at Northern Light Health, in strategic partnership with Optum. Whether you are looking for a role in a clinical setting or supporting those who provide care, we have opportunities for you to make a difference in the lives of those we serve. As a statewide health care system in Maine, we work to personalize and streamline health care for our communities. If the place for you is at a large medical center, a rural community practice or home care, you will find it here. Join our compassionate culture, enjoy meaningful benefits and discover the meaning behind: Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
If you reside near Bangor, Maine, you’ll enjoy the flexibility of a hybrid-remote position* as you take on some tough challenges.
Schedule: Tuesday-Friday from 7:00 AM-3:30 PM and Saturday from 1:00 PM-9:00 PM
- The primary function of this position is to answer incoming calls to the IS Support Center, as well as respond to inbound customer email and web requests
- Provide first level support by recording clear and concise details into the Help Desk software
- Resolve issue if appropriate or escalate ticket to applicable Tier2 support group
- Accurately identify, classify, and prioritize all incidents and work requests
- Perform all Computer Operations duties, which include close monitoring of all systems, including; Millennium, interfaces, chart servers, RRD servers, SMDR, PCLA, API Time Clock stations, Power Insight and Fusion Systems, Backups, and any new applications as they are assigned. Fulfill requests for cycling Millennium servers, report printing & distribution. Interact with CernerWorks and Systems team
- Requires participation in covering holidays and filling in for vacations, which may include weekend and evening shifts
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Associates degree or higher OR 2+ years of Support Center experience
- Ability & willingness to complete Millennium Powerchart & CPOE Clinical Education within first 90 days of employment
- Intermediate experience in Microsoft Operating Systems, as well as the Microsoft Office Suite
- 2+ years of customer service experience in a call center environment, front-line support setting or clinical setting working with clinical IT software
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced changing environment
- Ability to recognize priority issues and escalate accordingly
- Understanding of computer terms and acronyms
- Ability to learn new processes and procedures
- Good analytical skills
- Sound judgment
- Ability to work effectively with other IS Department staffs
- Must understand and apply ITIL Service Desk & Incident Management best practice methodologies
- Ability to communicate effectively with the Customers of EMHS IS and its member organizations
- Ability to effectively present information, respond to questions in easy to understand terms
- Ability to balance team and individual responsibilities; Remains objective and open to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Participates in meetings; Contributes to building positive team spirit
- Excellent oral communication skills: communicates clearly and politely in positive and negative situations; Respond well to questions, ability to translate technical terms into non-technical language
- Excellent written communication: Writes clearly; proofreads work for spelling and grammar; able to read and interpret written information
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate via telephone with the customer
- Routine use of a keyboard is required to type information in an expedient and accurate manner into the help desk computer database
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Must be able to clearly read a computer monitor
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.