Optum Customer Service Representative - Phoenix, AZ
$2,500 Sign On Bonus For External Candidates
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work.SM
Working in a call center environment under supervision to receive and process inbound calls from patients, providers and other medical staff. Execute outbound calls or electronic task to assist with providing medical related services. Assist callers with appointment scheduling, prescriptions refills, facility locations and lab results. Resolve routine to complex issues.
This position is full-time. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 7am - 8pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 20414 North 27th Avenue Phoenix, AZ.
- Answers a minimum of 13 calls per hour resolving moderate to complex issues.
- Schedule and verify appointments in clinical information system.
- Verify and update patient demographic and insurance information.
- Send and receive tasks to Provider offices to assist patient with access to medical care.
- Receive and process; expedite, stat and at-risk referrals.
- Contact patients to advise of appointment and referral status.
- Extreme high volume data entry.
- Process and resolve expedited patient complaints.
- Review and processing of medication refills.
- Proactive response to inquiries from patients, Providers, and internal medical personnel.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Medical Terminology
- CPT and ICD - 9 coding
- Advanced knowledge of insurance products
- Advanced computer skills in Windows environment
- Training in a medical office or customer service related field
- Ability to prioritize call types
- Strong oral and written communication skill
- Ability to demonstrate customer service and proper telephone etiquette
- Solid listening, critical thinking, decision making, telephone, customer service and problem solving skills
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.