Food Service Worker I - Full Time
- Full Time
- Hours of Operation are from 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM
- Candidate will need to be flexible within that time and be able to work multiple shifts
- Works Every Other Weekend and Rotating Holidays
- Duties include Dishwahsing, Trash Removal, Cleaning, Stocking, and Other Needed Duties in Patient Meals
- Full time Benefits
Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital proudly serves the health care needs of families in St. Charles, Lincoln and Warren counties. The 102-bed community hospital provides comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services including the Siteman Cancer Center at Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital, the Breast Health and Women’s Center, the Cardiology Center, the Neurosurgery Center and the Outpatient Surgery and Endoscopy Center.
Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital is an Accredited Chest Pain Center and carries a Level II stroke certification. Additionally, the hospital’s medical office building houses offices for specialists in primary care, cardiology, obstetrics, dermatology, surgery and pulmonology. Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital also offers outpatient services including physical therapy, a sleep lab, and cardio-pulmonary rehabilitation.
Responsible for performing a variety of food service functions such as setting up of service areas with food, utensils, and garnishments, food portioning, serving, sanitation, operating cash register, assembling patient trays and assisting with customer requests. Position may also perform food preparation at some locations.
ResponsibilitiesProvides customer service in a professional and friendly manner, and follows food safety and portion guidelines.Assembles meals according to the menu, diet order and correct protocol.Ensures work area is set up and supplies and products are organized before, during and after shift.Cleans and sanitizes work station and utensils.Uses equipment and materials properly and safely.
Supervisor ExperienceNo Experience
EducationHigh School Diploma or GED
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer