Customer Service Representative Team Lead - National Remote
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The Customer Service Representative Lead is responsible for answering incoming calls with questions regarding Optum Salt Lake County Behavioral Health Providers, services available in Salt Lake County as well as Medicaid benefit plans.
This position is full-time Sunday - Saturday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 7:00am – 10:00pm CST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
We offer two weeks of paid training. The hours during training will be 8:00am to 5:00pm or may vary a little, Monday - Friday. Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Taking inbound calls
- Over the phone, research and provide referrals to providers/agencies in Salt Lake County to Medicaid eligible consumers.
- Utilize a computer database to verify Medicaid eligibility.
- Offer additional information such as phone numbers or addresses to individuals who have contacted the wrong organization.
- Complete additional administrative tasks as assigned that support Care Coordination team.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of Customer Service experience working with the insurance, medical, behavioral health setting or financial technology
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- Ability to work full-time, Sunday - Saturday between 7:00am – 10:00pm CST including the flexibility to work occasional overtime given the business need
- Familiarity working with Financial Health Technology
- Ability to understand multiple services and multiple benefit plans for Medicaid
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy.
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Washington or Rhode Island Residents Only: The salary range for California / Colorado / Connecticut / Nevada / New Jersey / New York / Washington / Rhode Island residents is $18.80 - $36.78.Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.