General Market Access Researcher Support - Remote
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Optum has successfully leveraged healthcare data to bring together a more complete view of health, provide more personalized insights to inform healthcare decisions, to support our customers by providing affordable choices, and drive better options for healthcare that help individuals live a healthy life. In service to this mission, the Optum Genomics team is committed to sourcing high-quality genomics data to inform more complete view of health, to provide more contextualized data to drive desired health behaviors, to help route our customers to the most effective and affordable choices, and to facilitate the evidence needed to get impactful genomics products into the clinic quickly and responsibly.
The Market Access Product Researcher role be a key contributor on the Optum Genomics team and will support multiple initiatives in support of our new product development and growth strategies. This role will support and deliver a diverse set of projects and require a strong background in providing project research, market research and program management. This includes a focus on project delivery, customer interviewing, requirements gathering and market positioning / value analysis. This person must convince leaders and operators of his / her value, earn their trust and time, and work collaboratively to build actionable strategies.
The Market Access Product Researcher will wear various hats, including working with lead project researcher, clients, internal Optum Genomics and UHG partners and product leadership to deliver on signed project opportunities, project plan, market and value analysis and build strategic recommendations cases, and high-level analysis to deliver actionable decisions to demonstrate the value of our client’s portfolio of products. This role will also include leading project discussions, project management/coordination efforts, and making connections across Optum Genomics to support broader project development and collaboration activities.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provide research support to Optum Genomics Market Access signed projects including engaging in defined project research in both a primary and secondary manner including literature assessment, policy reviews, environmental scans and stakeholder discussions.
- Provide research support in gathering and interpreting research feedback including research reviews survey responses, interviews and transcripts, and writing and auditing subsequent project report to assure quality and timeliness of deliverables
- Provide research support review of stakeholder genomics value strategy for market access and implementation including identification and building of influence MAP of KOLS, Guidelines, Associations and business opportunity analysis.
- Provide primary support for draft and final client project deliverables/reports including: writing and delivery of main research sections, drafting and positioning of findings with development of clear strategic recommendations and actions, and quality review of draft and final reports.
- Participate in client project discussions and lay out project timelines for key deliverables
- Provide project management support
- With Project Manager perform timeline reviews and map performance against goals
- Create project and product line process workflows
- High-level milestone tracking and follow up
- When issues arise, present options for problem resolution
- Work in parallel with Optum Genomics evidence generation and data partners to identify client needs for evidence planning and evidence generation for clients to address identified GAPS in evidence and value for clients’ products
- Collaborate with key internal business partners
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 2+ years of experience in healthcare project research management, with the ability to point to commercialized project delivery for reference
- Program management experience; coordinating project activities and delivery
- Background in lab developed tests including familiarity with test coding, applications for test reimbursement and knowledge of lab reimbursements processes
- Demonstrated research capabilities with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on Market Access client research projects including the ability to define market landscapes understand value and positioning, analyzing market trends, and understanding how to address GAPS in evidence
- Exceptional ability to drive results through solid project research and delivery collaborating and influencing skills across all business segments and geographies
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- MBA, or demonstrable equivalent
- Background in research from Consulting, Life Sciences or Molecular Testing
- Background in Biology, Life Sciences, Genomics
- Exceptional ability to drive results through strong collaborating and influencing skills across all business segments and geographies
- Excellent research writing skills, communication, time/project management, problem solving, organizational skills and analytical skills
- Proven organizational skills with ability to be flexible and work with ambiguity
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.