Associate Director General Management
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
- Provides leadership to and is accountable for the performance of managers and/or senior level professional staff
- Lead and implement high visibility initiatives such as new market launches, business development and other growth opportunities
- Provide analysis and support on topics such as the competitive environment, health care industry, government relations and new market opportunities
- Help create new solutions to address difficult and long-standing challenges in improving health care outcomes
- Support senior leaders in engaging with and influencing broad public health care policy development
- Delivery of services within the SLAs and KPIs
- People management, including coaching, career development, and appraisals
- Attending regular review meetings and liaising with management as appropriate
- Creating reports (performance reports, service improvements, quality and processes) and delivering them on the agreed schedule (or on request)
- Ensuring that systems, processes and methodologies as specified are followed to guarantee effective monitoring, control, quality, and support of service delivery
- Planning and scheduling resources to the requirements of the business
- Overseeing the transfer of knowledge to other staff to ensure the Customers systems are understood
- Comply with the terms and conditions of the employment contract, company policies and procedures, and any and all directives (such as, but not limited to, transfer and/or re-assignment to different work locations, change in teams and/or work shifts, policies in regards to flexibility of work benefits and/or work environment, alternative work arrangements, and other decisions that may arise due to the changing business environment). The Company may adopt, vary or rescind these policies and directives in its absolute discretion and without any limitation (implied or otherwise) on its ability to do so
You're ready to take on an incredibly challenging marketplace of ideas, products and services. But are you up for leading the transformation of an entire industry? Here, you'll work with the smartest people on solving the most important problems our nation is facing. The tasks are huge, the impact is far-reaching - it's the best chance to test your mettle on a global stage.
- PHRN or MD
- Medical Coding Certification
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the field of Medical Coding particularly of Inpatient
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of managing teams and personnel
- Expertise in conducting knowledge gathering of due diligence, project commissioning and transitioning and service transformation
- Solid documentation skills and expertise in handling escalated customer issues
- Able to emulate processes and procedures specific to the customer and of process framework
- Solid multi-national, multi-cultural experience and orientation
- Able to work under pressure and think clearly in challenging situations
- Able to work under minimal supervision
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Optum is a drug-free workplace. © 2023 Optum Global Solutions (Philippines) Inc. All rights reserved.