Global Director Medical Affairs, Thrombosis ( MERCUSR190069ENUS)
Global TA Director Medical Affairs Thombosis
Attention NJ Applicants: In April 2020, our Company announced plans to consolidate our New Jersey campuses into a single New Jersey headquarters location in Rahway, NJ by 2023. Therefore, the NJ work location for this role will be temporarily based and the exact timing of the departmental move to Rahway, NJ will be communicated at a future date.
Position Overview - Basic Functions & Responsibility
The Global Director Medical Affairs (GDMA) is responsible for driving execution of scientific & medical affairs plans for the thrombosis (Factor XI) program in key countries and regions. They are impactful members of Product Development Team sub-teams and Global Human Health commercialization teams. They collaborate with global Commercial, Center of Real-World Evidence (CORE), Policy and Market Access to address opportunities in key countries. They engage with their network of scientific leaders and decision makers. This is a headquarters-based position in our company's Research Laboratories Global Medical & Scientific Affairs.
- Drives execution of the annual scientific & medical plan with medical affairs colleagues from key countries and regions.
- Is impactful member of Product Development Team sub-teams (Clinical, Value Evidence, Commercial, Publications and Label) and Global Human Health commercialization teams.
- Contributes to the development of a single global scientific communications platform.
- Consolidates actionable medical insights from countries and regions
- Engages with a diverse network of international thrombosis experts (nephrologists, cardiologists and hematologists) and other key stakeholders (therapeutic guideline committees, payers, public groups, government officials, medical societies) about our company's emerging science
- Organizes global input forums to answer our company's questions how to develop and implement new medicines: advisory boards and expert input forums
- Aligns plans and activities with Global Human Health (commercial) executive directors
- Organizes global symposia and educational meetings focused upon thrombosis
- Supports key countries with the development of local data generation study concepts and protocols
- Reviews investigator-initiated study proposals from key countries prior to headquarters submission (ex-USA)
- Manages programs (patient support, educational or risk management) to support appropriate and safe utilization of our company'medicines
Minimum required education:
MD, PhD or PharmD (MD preferred) and recognized medical expertise in thrombosis, nephrology and CV risk reduction
Required experience and skills:
- Experience in Medical Affairs or Clinical Development
- Strong prioritization and decision-making skills in a matrix environment, able to effectively collaborate with partners across divisions
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, communication (written as well as oral), in addition to results-oriented project management skills
Preferred experience and skills:
- Three+ years regional or global medical affairs experience (e.g. Regional Director Medical Affairs) with proven track record of contribution to medical affairs strategies
- Scientific leadership and other key stakeholders (payers, public groups, government officials, medical professional organizations) in the assigned therapeutic area
We are a research-driven biopharmaceutical company. Our mission is built on the simple premise that if we “follow the science” that great medicines can make a significant impact to our world. We believe that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to world-class science can succeed by inventing medicine and vaccine innovations that make a difference for patients across the globe.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
New hires in office-based roles in the US & Puerto Rico will be required, subject to applicable law, to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious exemption to this vaccination requirement that can be accommodated without an undue burden to the operation. However, subject to applicable law, employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as employees in health services, customer facing commercial, or research based roles, will be required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:Not Specified
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:1