Associate Director Healthcare Economics Optum CA - Ontario, CA (112133623)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
- Work closely with clinical leadership and operational team to provide analytics support to effectively manage overall medical cost
- Supervise and mentor analyst
- Help prioritize and manage overall workflow
- Serve as informal internal analytic consultant to medical management and operational team
- Develop business plans, economic evaluations and ROI calculations to forecast financial benefits and staffing impact of new business initiatives
- Uses statistical analysis of medical claims and inpatient notification data to evaluate the effectiveness of clinical inpatient management programs
- Communicate results to relevant audiences and incorporates results into medical forecast
- Uses data analytics to identify and gain consensus on approaches to address medical cost trends (e.g., contract remediation, benefit design, clinical intervention)
- Development of monthly scorecards/dashboards
- Perform ad hoc analyses and reporting
- Demonstrate success as a team leader or manager
- Be self-motivated to prioritize work on multiple complex assignments with ongoing deadlines
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Statistics, Finance, Economics or equivalent relevant experience
- 5+ years of data, statistical, and financial analysis experience
- 5+ years of reporting experience
- 5+ years of experience working with database systems and analytical tools such as SAS or SQL
- 3+ years of managerial / supervisory experience
- 3+ years in health care industry
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.