Director, Population Health Management - Remote
About the Director, Population Health Management Role:
At Optum UK, our mission is about using advanced analytics, digital products and advisory services to help health and care systems work better for everyone. The Director role in the Population Health Management Team is a senior position within the UK business, responsible for winning, designing and delivering client facing business using population health management approaches to transform health and care systems. Directors in the team collaborate to create class leading solutions.
This Director, Population Health Management role has a focus on finance and contracting, building comprehensive system and organisation focused value-based care solutions using our integrated analytics, actuarial expertise and risk models to design financial models, new contracting approaches and to support systems to transform.
Technical skills in finance and contracting are key and credibility with senior finance and other leaders in the NHS is vital, but the role requires an ability to work with clients to make change happen – our outcome is about making systems work better for everyone – so relational and transformation skills are as important.
Primary Responsibilities of the Director, Population Health Management role:
- Be a core member of the Advisory Services/ Population Health Management Leadership Team, contributing to team success and driving departmental excellence in collaboration with colleagues
- Win, design and lead delivery programmes with a project team to meet and exceed client expectations and objectives driving positive NPS promoters
- People: be a key leadership figure driving PHM within Optum UK by impacting on the colleagues throughout our organisation
- Operational Excellence: ensure that we deliver the best work with excellence and consistency, with a rigorous focus on key business metrics and feedback from clients
- Growth: to be responsible for growth targets in the business in collaboration with other leaders and ensure that we build a thriving population health management business in the UK
- Lead on designing and selling solutions that show systems how they can transform finance and contracting approaches using PHM, supporting the building of system and organisation finance models, new contract models and a move towards value-based care
- Lead on integrating finance and contracting modules within comprehensive programmes of PHM led change
- Work to integrate finance and contracting approaches into products that we offer to the market and develop new product functionality
You will be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role, as well as providing development for other roles you may be interested in.
Required Qualifications of the Director, Population Health Management role:
- Qualified accountant with extensive experience in the NHS (or working with the NHS) in finance and contracting and analytics
- Experience of successfully building and operating system and organisational financial models for future planning, collaboration and transformation
- Understanding of population health management, value-based care and how these approaches underpin integration
- Strong IT skills and ability to analyse and use data to drive change
- Ability to inspire change
- Proven track record of solution delivery ability to work credibly at the most senior levels in health and care and extensive leadership experience
- Impeccable communication skills and strong ability to influence and motive clients, team members and colleagues
- Ability to travel up to 25-75%
Please note you must currently be eligible to work and remain indefinitely without any restrictions in the country to which you are making an application. Proof will be required to support your application.
Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care must go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do
All telecommuters will be required to adhere to the UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.