Market Health Services Director - Telecommute in Milwaukee, WI
Landmark Health, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, was created to transform how healthcare is delivered to the most medically vulnerable members in our community. Our medical group provides home-based medical care to chronically ill patients, many of whom are ill-equipped to navigate our overwhelming healthcare system.
Do you want to make a difference in healthcare?
Because many of our patients are frail and elderly, we deliver care primarily in the comfort of their home. Our Program is also offered to eligible patients at no incremental financial cost to them. We are not a fee-for-service practice; we benefit economically only if we deliver high-quality patient outcomes and satisfaction. As a result, our clinical teams can spend quality-time caring for a smaller number of patients, giving all patients the space, respect, compassion and care they deserve.
At Landmark, our interdisciplinary teams collaboratively manage our complex patient panels. These teams are led by Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants, with supporting care provided by RN Nurse Care Managers, Social Workers, Pharmacists, Behavioral Health, and other employed team members.
Join Landmark to be part of a growing company full of purpose-driven, action-oriented, and compassionate team members working to dramatically transform healthcare for our communities.
This role serves as the market level operational lead for the clinical team. Reports to the local VP General Manager and works closely with the local Regional Medical Director. Develops and implements strategy, policy and process to provide quality care and service to our patients.
The position oversees and ensures the effectiveness of the day to day operations of the clinical team regarding health plan coordination and communication, scheduling, quality metrics, engagement, geographic alignment of teams, interdisciplinary teams, quality programs, coordination of care, transitions of care, data collection/reporting and quality of care (list is not all inclusive). The position is responsible for relationships with vendors, facilities, health plan case management and health services, community-based providers and community organizations.
If you are located in Milwaukee, MN, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Oversee and execute innovative models, processes, and programs/pilots in their market
- Execute on changes to structure & policies
- Execute on HP contract expectations and make sure market is meeting expectations
- Implement national pilots in the market
- Manages Clin Sups & SW Sups, has regular 1:1s & manages QPUs
- 1:1s with their Regional HSD
- Manages QIP and QIP exceptions as well as ADP/PTO/concur request
- Executes on standardized processes in mkt
- Accountable for market outcomes (PDV, Quality, UEOC, performance metrics, etc.)
- Reviews market reporting and takes appropriate action (deploys IDT staff effectively, trains, educates, audits, etc.)
- Implements markets on clinical
- Responsible for recruiting, training, performance management and retention of the interdisciplinary team members
- Maintains quality of services through audits and education
- Oversees the management of the day to day operations of the clinical team in the market
- Responsible for external health care facility & vendor relationships (home health agencies, etc.
- Oversees hospice reporting and performance and collaborating with RMds on this
- Execute process changes
- Provides oversight, guidance on using data to manage market
- Oversees processes for inventory of medical supplies, PPE, Supply Closet
- Executing adherence to health service policies
- Aggregating and managing market complaints and grievances
- Managing the medical record request process (disability, PCP, HP etc.)
- Attend and actively participate in targeted contracted health plan IDT, Clinical Operations, JOC’s and other operational meetings as needed
- Relationship management with second/third tier IPAs, Targeted HPs and Community PCP in market
- Joins the Quality Management program for the market and raise up updated to regional HSD
- Executes and managing on Quality Measure processes (i.e. ensures that documentation is completed by providers and IDT members timely and accurately and quality gaps are managed)
- On Point for Market QBR prep, material creation, and report-out with Regional and Division Leadership
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current RN, MSW or other clinical degree (e.g. PT or OT) or other degree with health care experience
- 5+ years of clinical practice in a hospital, clinic, home care, or nursing home setting
- 5+ years of increasing supervisory or management experience in a health care setting
- BSN or MBA or Relevant Business Experience
- Case management experience
- Experience with Disease and utilization management
- Physician office experience
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.