PACS Administrator - Brooklyn, NY or Long Island, NY
ProHealth NY is growing our team in New York. As part of Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing physician-led care locally. Work with the largest care delivery organization in the world and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum Tri-State brings patients local care, backed by national expertise. As a premier provider of health care services, Optum Tri-State offers services including primary care, urgent care, and a diverse range of specialty care, outpatient surgery, and imaging. Drawing on the knowledge of leading doctors and healthcare experts, Optum helps 1.6 million patients across 630 locations access high-quality, affordable healthcare within their community.
ProHealth Physicians is a physician-led medical group with 85 practice locations throughout Connecticut serving more than 10% of the state's residents. We empower physicians and advanced clinicians to better serve patients through enhanced care processes in support of improved patient outcomes. Formed in 1997, ProHealth Physicians has grown to include more than 350 primary care and specialty clinicians and offers select specialty and diagnostic/therapeutic services.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Radiology & Cardiology IT PACS Administrator. In this role, the successful candidate is responsible for supporting operations for all Radiology & Cardiology imaging locations across ProHEALTH. This is a highly specialized position that requires a high level of IT knowledge with an overall responsibility to administer, manage and support the Picture Archiving and Communications System (PACS). The candidate will be accountable for the efficient day-to-day radiology/cardiology service delivery in a fast paced and exciting clinical environment, in order to ensure continuity of patient care at all times.
This role includes the development and maintenance of PACS/RIS operational policies and procedures, system audit, handling of complaints and ensuring a close liaison with clinical users and with third party supplier(s). The candidate will be responsible for the integrity, safe use and security of all radiology & cardiology database(s). This position also calls for the delivery of all platform training to all relevant clinical and non-clinical staff.
- Coordinate and work closely with external vendors, Radiology, Cardiology and other ancillary department personnel as well as internal technology and application staff as needed to facilitate installation and resolve ongoing support issues
- Support all internal and external providers in the use of Radiology & Cardiology Systems (PACS/RIS/Powerscribe/VNA, etc)
- Management of all digital image transfers (import/export/archive)
- Excellent working and technical knowledge of relevant business and clinical computer operating systems and all phases of clinical systems and applications
- Ensure data accuracy of patient information on all PACS/RIS platforms
- Daily administration of reporting workstation, checking event logs, correcting any errors in patient study data
- Installation/removal/repair of PACS/RIS/Powerscribe software on all Radiology/Cardiology workstations
- Experience in aspects of systems development and lifecycle support design and deployment, including analysis, design, testing, and implementation
- Participate in an on-call rotation to support the Radiology/Cardiology operations
- Attend staff meetings and to collaborate with cardiology staff for new department initiatives
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team as well as individually
- Ensure the test scripts have been created, reviewed, and updated to reflect proposed workflow solutions
- Conduct presentations and trainings in support of Radiology/Cardiology staff members
- Work with individual or groups of clinical staff to understand and resolve any practical issues that are identified as a barrier to efficient clinical working
- Working knowledge and support of disaster recovery measure
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree
- 2+ years of Radiology/PACS experience
- Experience with PowerScribe
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- 3+ years of full-time applicable experience with clinical IT PACS systems including analysis, support, and implementation
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Proven proficiency in Microsoft Office's Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment