Senior Site Administrator
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Site Administrator functions as an integral member of the team and under minimal supervision, provides direction, inspiration and counseling to teammates. Monitors workflow functions, outcomes, customer satisfaction, and quality measures of the facility with the result of meeting or exceeding the established financial and other objectives set in cooperation with the Regional Operations Director.
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate our company’s commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer
- Provides overall direction and guidance to clinical and administrative team of staff, supervisors and/or managers
- Communicates organizational objectives and vision to the team
- Assists supervisors and managers with the development and implementation of departmental goals, policies, procedures, budgets and reporting tools
- Promotes a team approach to delivering quality, cost-effective care to where patient satisfaction is the primary goal
- Prepares annual capital equipment and operating budgets for the Health Center. Monitors departmental activities and justifies variances when necessary. Implements effective tools to improve operational efficiencies and control costs
- Ensures the coordination of provider schedules and the scheduling of patients. Monitors appointment availability and implements changes as needed
- Works in conjunction with designated lead physician and regional team to enhance provider satisfaction. Assists in resolving provider-related issues when necessary
- Monitors the impact of growth on the facility’s existing space plan based on projected enrollment, visits and utilization. Proposes, plans and directs facility expansion and enhancement projects when required. Maintains a professional facility appearance that meets patients’ expectations
- Enhances Health Center visibility through community involvement
- Participates actively on organizational and ad hoc committees as needed
- Reports progress, operational issues, organizational opportunities and threats to the regional team on a monthly basis or as needed
- Monitors patient satisfaction through various programs such as the formal complaint process, new patient survey, etc. Responds as appropriate
- Works toward ensuring customer service standards are met
- Ensure staff compliance with all our company policies and procedures
- Uses, protects, and discloses our patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards
- Performs additional duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or demonstrated equivalent experience
- 3+ years of leadership experience (supervisor and above) with direct reports
- Some healthcare industry experience within managed care and/or medical group operations environment
- Intermediate level of experience with Microsoft Suite
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Master's degree or demonstrated equivalent experience
- 3+ years in healthcare management
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
California Residents Only: The salary range for California residents is $85,000 to $167,300. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.