Database Administrator - Remote
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The health solutions marketplace is hungry for new ideas, innovative products and software that drives elevated performance for the business and the customer. The UnitedHealth Group family of businesses is feeding incredible solutions to that marketplace every day by bringing out the best in our software engineering teams. We serve customers across the health system. Not only do we have more of them every day, we also have more technology, greater data resources and far broader expertise than any competitor anywhere. We're out to change the way our businesses and consumers engage with technology. If you're in, you'll be challenged like never before. It's time to join this history making.
As a Database and Apps Specialist, you will be responsible for the design, implementation, support and maintenance of all functions of relational database systems. You will be responsible for the following: database access, methods and time, device allocations, validation checks, organization, security, documentation, and statistical methodology. In this role you will monitor overall standards and procedures and assist in integrating various systems. You will also consult with users, determine requirements and recommend database establishment and utilization.
Individual will be accountable for database administration, design, build and tune mission critical MySQL, Cassandra, Oracle, and PostgreSQL environments as a team member of Database Services providing technical solutions.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Implementation, Configuration of MySQL, Cassandra, Oracle, and PostgreSql databases
- Implement HA solution and define Backup/Recovery strategy
- Define technical infrastructure environment using MySQL, Cassandra, Oracle, and PostgreSql
- Define and document standards and guidelines
- Automate repeatable tasks
- Design, implement and maintain all functions of database systems, including access, methods and time, device allocations, validation checks, organization, security, documentation and statistical methodology
- Assist in design, test, implementation, maintenance and control of physical and relational databases
- Consult with users; determine requirements and recommends database establishment and utilization
- May consult with Systems Analysts and designers on procedures related to new or existing databases
- Assists in development of systems and procedures affecting database management, design and maintenance
- Establish and maintain databases for user testing and production with direction
- Evaluate, test and produce recommendations for the selection, user and deployment of DBMS software, data management tools and utilities, data warehouse and replication tools
- Support problem resolution; consult and advise in application design and tuning; plan, organize and execute product benchmarks for threshold and functionality
- Provide data administration support of the development and maintenance of production and non-production database environments for distributed applications
- Participate in product evaluations, design review session, data requirement meetings and consulting with application development products
- Performance and Tuning
- Production support
- Project Delivery
- Ability to define the complete technical infrastructure environment
- Ability to review ongoing and proposed projects to identify opportunities for reuse and process improvement
- Ability to review project deliverables for completeness, quality, and compliance with established project standards
- Ability to document and communicate the status of progress against plans, taking corrective action as necessary
- Ability to identify, clarify, and resolve project activity issues and risks, escalating them as needed
- Ability to review technical documentation to verify compliance with client requirements and established architectural standards and guidelines
- Participate in 24x7 on call support
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of strong in 2 database platforms (MySQL, Cassandra, PostgreSQL and Oracle) database administration experience
- 5+ years of production support or technology administration supporting internal systems
- 3+ years of strong UNIX/LINUX background
- 2+ years’ experience with Azure or AWS cloud
- MySQL/Cassandra/PostgreSQL/Oracle Certification
- Azure or AWS cloud experience
- Percona Server experience
- TSM/NetApp backup environment experience
- Professional experience in the health care industry
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $101,200 to $184,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.