Controllership Services - Life Sciences and Healthcare Accounting Advisory - Senior Consultant (41585)
- Identifying and applying relevant specialized technical accounting, regulatory standards, cost accounting concepts, financial close and Consolidation/Financial Reporting, financial operations and applications across the life sciences and healthcare industry sectors
- Identifying client issues and managing day-to-day relationships
- Generating innovative ideas to challenge the status quo
- Participating in engagement planning and budgeting; defining the work product structure and content; managing engagement economics, engagement risk and engagement timeline
- Contributing to the proposal development process
- Engaging in recruiting and retention activities
The team provides clients with an extensive range of accounting and reporting services designed to help enhance the value finance delivers to its overall business. We work with organizations to help them reduce risk and improve internal and external reporting capabilities to meet accounting and regulatory requirements, and/or enhance strategic decision making. Our deep experience also extends to governance in complex operating models and support for major business events and transactions, including capital markets transactions, derivatives and hedging advisory services. Learn more about Deloitte Advisory's Accounting & Reporting Transformation practice.
- 3-5 years of technical or advisory-related experience in entity and enterprise accounting, carve-out, and/or technical accounting, financial planning and analysis and cost accounting.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Information Technology, Risk Management, Economics or related field.
- CPA, CIA, CFA, CA, CCA, CMA, CAIA or FRM certification, or working towards achieving one of these certifications.
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP, IFRS, and SEC rules and regulations
- Proficiency in MS Office products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to perform technical research of complex accounting issues
- Travel up to 80% typically Monday - Thursday (While 80% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Master's degree in Business, Systems or Accounting
- Capabilities in operational and financial internal controls, including work related to compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley
- Experience as a user of or administrator of a common ERP Finance and Reporting package (SAP, Oracle, JDE, etc)
- Project experience in areas such as process mapping, root cause/gap analysis/best fit, requirements gathering / definition development, financial modeling and value mapping
- Accounting and finance experience within the life sciences or healthcare sectors such as close/consolidation/report business processes, inventory accounting, intercompany accounting gross-to-net accounting, common information model data design, healthcare revenue cycle, cost allocations, implementations of technology to support business processes or finance transformation
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.