Field Based Health Services Coordinator - Southern part of Indiana
Combine two of the fastest - growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
The Healthcare Services Coordinator will work as an extension of the local Market Consultation and provider teams by aligning to geographical regions, medical centers and/or physician practices that manage a high volume of membership.
This position is full-time, Monday - Friday. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends.
- Assisting in the review of medical records to highlight opportunities for the medical staff.
- Locate medical screening results/documentation to ensure the closure of gaps in care/suspect medical conditions. Will not conduct any evaluation or interpretation of Clinical data and will be supervised by licensed and/or certified staff
- Activities may include data collection, data entry, quality monitoring, HQPAF submission and chart collection activities.
- Partner with your leadership team, the practice administrative or clinical staff to determine best strategies to support the practice and our members.
- Interaction with members via telephone to assist and support an appropriate level of care. This may include making outbound calls to members and/or providers to assist in scheduling appointments, closing gaps in care or chart collection activities.
- Answer inbound calls from patients and/or providers regarding appointments.
- Assist members in navigating their network of providers by assisting with follow-up and specialist appointments as needed.
- Communicate scheduling challenges or trends that may negatively impact outcomes.
- Optimize customer satisfaction, positively impact the closing of gaps in care and productivity.
- Manage time effectively to ensure productivity goals are met.
- Ability to work independently in virtual setting. Ability to problem solve, use best professional judgment, and apply critical thinking techniques to resolve issues as they arise.
- Adhere to corporate requirements related to industry regulations/responsibilities.
- Maintain confidentiality and adhere to HIPAA requirements.
- Other duties, as assigned.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ year of a healthcare background with medical terminology familiarity of clinical issues.
- 1+ year of working experience with ICD- 9/10 and CPT Codes.
- 1+ year of working experience with Microsoft Tools: Word, Excel and Outlook.
- 1+ year of working experience with and knowledge of HIPAA compliance requirements.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Experience working in a physician, provider, and/or medical office is preferred.
- EMR and HEDIS knowledge and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to identify with a consumer in order to understand and align with their needs and realities.
- Demonstrated ability to perform effective active listening skills to empathize with the customer in order to develop a trust and respect.
- Demonstrated ability to take responsibility and internally driven to accomplish goals and recognize what needs to be done in order to achieve a goal(s).
- Demonstrated ability to turn situations around and go above and beyond to meet the needs of the customer
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.