Mobile Unit (Large Van) Transporter/Greeter
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Mobile Clinic Driver works in collaboration with the Mobile Screening Team to drive the mobile units to assigned location and prepare the unit for daily operations. The driver will also be responsible for the storage and maintaining the units mechanically and aesthetically to ensure mobile units are represented under the Optum standards for safety and environment.
- Drive the mobile clinic to and from the designated areas, complying with all motor vehicle codes and regulations
- Prepares the mobile clinic to receive staff, patients, and visitors
- Demonstrates excellent customer service with patients and staff
- Assist in patient intake (name, paperwork collection)
- Communicates daily and directly with patients, visitors, providers, and staff throughout the mobile clinics
- Maintains confidentiality of all materials handled within the department as well as proper release of information
- Prepares the mobile clinic for next day clinic for readiness (generator, water, waste disposal)
- Provide cleaning services during and after daily use of the mobile clinic or as directed
- Secures the mobile clinic nightly at approved location site or at storage unit
- Maintains mobile clinic maintenance records
- Report minor mechanical preventative maintenance needs to the Supervisor
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
- The Transportation Specialists will participate in marketing/community events as determined by business need for growth and corporate social responsibility initiatives
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School diploma or GED or equivalent experience
- 6+ months of customer service or transportation experience
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- For insurability purposes, must be at least 25 years of age or older with a valid driver's license and be able to pass a pre-employment and regularly scheduled post-employment Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) inquiries
- Basic computer skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.