Health Information File Coordinator St Petersburg FL
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
The Health Information Management Coordinator is responsible for incoming document filing into clinical information system(s)/EHR(s).
- Ensures all documents are prepared for e-filing into EHRs
- Accurately file medical records into EHR
- Monitors quality of images, adjusts, contrasts and selects scanner intensity as needed
- Corrects errors and re-files documents as needed
- Formats reports according to established guidelines
- Troubleshoots computer problems and reports and follows up with the IT Department or Supervisor immediately
- Compiles statistics reports as directed
- Meets quality and productivity standards and deadlines established by Supervisor
- Maintains strict confidentiality of all medical records ensuring that no unauthorized persons have access to patient’s electronic health record
- Adheres to Company policies and procedures at all times
- Maintains continuing quality improvement and assists in the department’s quality management program
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must have consistent, punctual and reliable attendance
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school graduate, GED or equivalent
- 1+ years of data entry experience
- Experience in a physician office or hospital
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of HIPAA regulations
- Proficient in Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Familiarity with EHR system (e.g. Allscripts)
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
- High attention to detail
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.