Registered Nurse PD- Eating Disorder Unit - Penn Medicine Princeton Health(Per Diem Day)
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Penn Medicine Princeton Health is seeking a Registered Nurse to join our team in the Center for Eating Disorders Care in Plainsboro, NJ. This is a Per Diem shift opportunity. The ideal candidate will be available to work on a Per Diem basis.
- Our 22 bed Center for Eating Disorders Care at Penn Medicine Princeton Health provides state-of-the-art medical and psychiatric care. The Eating Disorders unit is staffed by board-certified psychiatrists, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, psychologists, therapists, registered dietitians, a supervising psychologist, and has access to a full spectrum of medical specialists.
- Princeton Center for Eating disorders care has been recognized as a leader in eating disorders care for over 25 years
- As a Registered Nurse in the Eating Disorders unit you will Work as part of the multi-disciplinary team to support implementation of the treatments & therapy as per the patients’ care plans, meet the physical & emotional needs of patients in a helpful, honest, responsible, respectful and empathic manner. Full time RNs receive up to $8000/year tuition assistance, and those in need of clinical sites for their NP studies are offered priority placement at PMPH.
As a Registered Nurse at you will …
Partner with the treatment team to support daily oversight and management of patient care and the care environment. You will assist patients with admission and discharges, medication management, psychoeducation, medical procedures, and will complete medical documentation, provide on-going clinical staff supervision to unlicensed nursing staff, and perform other duties assigned.
· Assess client health and well-being daily. Promptly reports concerns to the physician and other team members who need to know and documents all findings and interventions.
· Communicate pertinent nursing and care plan related information to direct care staff on a daily basis. Ensure “hand off” communication each shift.
· Participate in treatment team meetings and contribute to the client care plan on a regular basis.
· Participate in developing and maintaining the patient treatment plan.
· Participate in patient education and lead psychoeducation groups as assigned.
· Serve as a liaison between physicians and the clients to answer questions about medication changes, physician appointments, and health related issues in a language the client can understand.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- Active New Jersey Registered Nurse License (required prior to first day of hire) required National Nursing Certification preferred
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited school of nursing or in pursuit of a BSN Greater than 15 months professional nursing experience
- A registered nurse with an Associate’s Degree with greater than 5 years of clinical experience in a clinical specialty may be considered.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.